The Rescue

Maya POV:
I drive to Noel's house as fast as possible. I'm so angry I can't even think straight. I park in the street and storm up to the door. I knock as loudly as possible to make sure those little brats hear me. I think about just walking in myself when Noel skittishly answers the door. I can tell by her face that something has happened, and this is enough for me to just invite myself in.
I've only been in this house a couple of times in my life, but I know exactly where Noel's room is. "Olivia I'm going to kill you!" I say as I enter the room. Olivia is on the floor and there is no Zoey in sight. "Where is she?" I say, gritting my teeth. Olivia looks as though she has seen a ghost and my heart drops into my stomach. My anger suddenly turns into sorrow. "Please tell me nothing has happened to her."
Olivia stares at me blankly, seemingly unable to speak. "What happened to her!" I say, angrily kicking her in the leg. Olivia winces. "Ow, what the hell Maya! She's..... around here somewhere....we just can't find her." She says sheepishly.
"You can't find her!" I scream back. I quickly look down at my feet and make sure she's not under them. To my relief, she isn't. "No no no! How could you lose her?" I say with concern and anger.
"I think she's around! She just won't come out for me." Olivia says with embarrassment.
"Well of course not! You scare her you idiot!" I say viciously. "Zoey, if you can hear me, please come out of wherever you are. I'm sorry I left you with Olivia, I knew it was a bad idea. I promise, I won't ever leave you two alone again!" I say pleadingly.
"And I thought you were kidding about those two" Noel snorts from across the room. I shoot her a deadly glare and this shuts her up.

Zoey POV:
It's so dark and dusty under here. Not to mention it smells like all the garbage and sweaty clothes she has down here. I tense up when I hear the girls get back. I really don't know what my plan is here but I'm trying to use the little power that I have. Olivia tries to persuade me out but I don't budge. For all that she has put me through, she deserves to squirm for a little bit. Some of her words do strike me though, I really don't think I could survive on my own at this size, especially in Noel's pit of a bedroom, but I really don't want to give Olivia that power over me again. Suddenly, I hear a knock at the door and I feel hopeful. Maybe this will distract the girls for a little bit again. I then hear Maya's voice.
She must be here to rescue me! My hero! She sounds very angry when she enters the room and this gives me minor flashbacks. I know this anger isn't directed at me but it does make me a little nervous. She and Olivia argue for a little bit and then Maya pleads for me to come out. She says that she won't leave me with Olivia again and this fills me with relief. I work my way through the trash, a little nervous about interacting with Maya while she's in this state. Finally, I can see daylight. I take a sharp inhale as I see Maya standing there at her full height. I'm still not used to this, but I shake away my fear and walk to her anyways. "Zoey!" She says joyfully. She then speedily scoops me up and presses me against her chest. "Oh my god, I was so worried! I'm glad you're okay!" She says, though I can barely hear her through the muffle of her hands. I can hear her heart beating fast. She then adjusts her hand so I can stand in her palm. "And you.." she says, glaring at her sister. "If you take her again I'll f*cking kill you." She says before stomping out of the room. Noel stares at her blankly, clearly a little afraid. Maya turns around again to face her. "Oh yeah, and don't you tell anyone about Zoey or you'll live to regret it. And I mean it!" She screams at Noel, getting very close to her face.
I put myself in a bit of a ball and just sit there in shock. I've never seen Maya be this aggressive. I'm just lucky that I'm not the one on her bad side.
On the ride home, Maya sets me in her lap and drives slowly. She apologizes profusely and I try to assure her that it isn't her fault. I am thankful Maya was there to save me. I don't know what I would do without her.

Maya POV:
As we drive home, Zoey recounts everything that happened with Olivia and Noel. I try to keep my cool because I know it makes her uncomfortable when I'm angry. I feel so bad for her, she's gone through so much since staying with me.
When we get home, she asks me to bring her to her dollhouse. I of course oblige and drop her off on the doorstep. I frown a little as I watch her walk in, she just looks so miserable. I want to just scoop her up again and hug her, but I sense that she needs some alone time. I walk over to my bed and just sit. This is no life for her, trapped here, with me. She deserves someone better or at least more capable. I need to figure out how I can help her.