Breakfast

Zoey POV
I hear Maya's footsteps as she walks away and shuts the door behind her. I feel a slight giddiness thinking about having my own house. Then another thought hit me, am I ever going to see my friends and family again? As cool as it is to have my own house, I am utterly isolated, the only person I can talk to is Maya and I don't feel I could ever look her in the eyes at her size. I sit on the plastic bed and stare down at my feet, wondering what the future would be like and if I'd ever be normal again. I hear Maya enter the room.
" breakfast is ready! I hope you like eggs!"
Suddenly her large eye appears in the window, I anxiously lean away from it.
"Oh wait! I have something perfect for you."
She quickly stands up and runs out of the room, returning about a minute later. Her giant hand emerges through the window, holding a small table and chair. She sets them in front of the window.
"Come over to the window so we can eat together!"
The last thing I wanted to do was face her and have an awkward breakfast, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I swallow my fear and shakily make my way over to the small table, wishing I could just eat alone in the kitchen downstairs.

Maya POV
I felt weird that Zoey and I haven't really talked much since she's been here, so I invite her to eat with
me. I feel this is a mistake as I see Zoey's  little legs shaking as she approaches the table. I frown slightly. I feel bad that Zoey is so afraid of me, I would never dream of hurting her. I try to put myself in her situation and I can only imaging how scary this whole situation is to her. I'm going to have to take care of her for a while, so I think it's better to get all the awkward uncomfortableness out of the way first. I made a small paper plate for her by cutting a circle out of my own plate. I tried to cut the eggs up as small as possible so they wouldn't look so weird to her. Finally, I broke off one of the prongs of a plastic fork to use as some kind of spoon. I pickup the plate and start moving it towards the window when I see Zoey shrink back. Right, I can't just have my giant hand move quickly towards her, I need to move slower.

Zoey POV
I see her large hand move in my direction and involuntarily jump back. I feel slightly embarrassed when she notices my fear and slows down. Finally she sets the food down on my table and retracts her fingers out of the window. I observe my breakfast. Zoey really put effort into making it me-sized, the scrambled eggs are a little big, but that's not a huge deal, she also gave me a little plastic prong for a fork. I smile, thankful that I won't have to eat with my hands. I see that Maya is watching me. I resist the urge to leap backwards and give her a shy smile.
"These eggs look delicious" I say. Suddenly her massive head moves towards the window and turns to get her ear close.
"I couldn't quite hear you, what did you say?"
My eyes widen, I take a deep breath in and try to get the sentence out clearly.
" I s..said these eggs look d...delicious"
I hate being so obviously fearful to someone so confident. It felt like I had just bombed a presentation in front of my whole class, but Maya just continued the conversation as if I said my sentence clear as a bell.
"Thanks. I'm not the best cook, I can basically only cook eggs."
Then, to my horror, Maya scoops up a fork full of scrambled eggs, places it in her mouth, and slides the back out between her lips. I watch as she thoroughly grinds them up between her massive teeth, finishing it off with a loud swallow. I clench my eyes shut, I can't help but imagine being on that fork and Maya effortlessly pushing me towards her teeth with her giant tongue and crushing me. I feel very light headed and sick. Maya shoves another fork full of eggs in her mouth when she notices me staring up at her. She covers her mouth, full of eggs, as she says
"sorry, am I chewing too loud?"
And then loudly gulps down the eggs. I Yeah just stare up at her, frozen with fear. I snap out of it, and try to project my voice up at her.
"No, you're fine" I say nervously.
She smiles, looking a little confused, but decides to ignore the fact that she caught me blankly staring at her.
We sit there in silence for a few seconds.
"So... I don't really know much about you, like I know you from chemistry but not much else"
Oh great, it's like a first day of school icebreaker, but with just me and my crush.
"Well...ummm.. I have two brothers, one is 3 years older than me, and one is a year younger than me."
She stares down at me, unsatisfied by my short answer.
"What else? Like something about your personality or hobbies."
I think for a second before answering, I really didn't many hobbies.
" I like crafting kind of stuff. Like little projects, but not the same thing every time."
"Cool, I like artsy stuff too."
I try to break the silence and continue the conversation.
"So, tell me about you"
"Well, I have a younger sister, Olivia and an older brother, James. My parents are Tracy and Joe. We also have two cats and a dog. I absolutely love animals and as I said before, I like art."
I look at her, confused.
"So where is everyone then?"
"Oh, my brother James is at college, Olivia slept over at a friends last night, and my parents are at work."
I am terrified. I hadn't really thought about her having siblings, especially a younger one. I hope Maya decides to keep me a secret from the rest of her family.