Olivia

Maya POV:
I watch as Olivia and Noel get into my car, Olivia loudly slams the door shut and I cringe knowing how loud that must sound to Zoey. "Thanks for picking us up." She says, barely looking up at me from her phone. "Yeah, thanks for picking us up!" Noel says quietly from the back seat. I plug Noel's address into my phone and start driving. I try to drive with extra caution knowing that Zoey will feel every turn and stop much more dramatically. The car ride is pretty quiet as both girls are just scrolling through their phones. When I finally get to Noel's house she thanks me for the ride and gets out, not forgetting to slam the door behind her. I feel Zoey jolt a little in my pocket and find myself unintentionally looking down to check on her. Olivia sees this and looks at me, her eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. "What's in your pocket?" She asks suspiciously. My heart sinks. Shit. Olivia can't find out about Zoey, it would be too much for her little heart to handle. Plus I don't trust her to be gentle, I've seen how she's handled my hamsters in the past. "Umm.. it's nothing" I lied, not being able to come up with a good answer. She looks even more confused now, clearly not accepting this answer. "Now you're just acting weird. Seriously what's in there?" "Uh, it's a pen" I lied badly. Now she looks slightly angry. "You wouldn't lie about a pen being in your pocket, I know something else is in there." My anxiety rises, I feel like I'm going to throw up. Suddenly I see a smile spread across her face and before I knew it she's quickly reaching for my pocket. I slapped her hand away and unintentionally swerve a little in the process. "Holy shit Olivia, you're going to get us killed!" I yell at her. "Just show me what's in your pocket and I'll stop!" I sigh in defeat. I don't really see any other option than to show Zoey to Olivia. She's already suspicious and I don't want Zoey to get hurt in the process of her trying to grab her. "Fine." I say disgruntled. "I'll show you when we get home." I hope Zoey can forgive me for this.

Zoey POV:
I sit very still in Maya's pocket as the girls get into the car. I almost regret coming with when I hear their car doors shut with complete disregard for any volume control. Despite this, I'm glad to be here with Maya and not on my own again. I pray that this all goes well. The car ride is pretty quiet except for the occasional navigation instructions from Maya's phone. The movement of the car is very relaxing, because of this combined with Maya's warmth I start to snuggle into Maya's pocket. I need to just stay calm, as long as I'm with Maya I will be safe. A few minutes pass by and I feel as though I'm almost drifting off into sleep, when suddenly I hear the car door loudly slam shut. I jolt out of my state of relaxation. Once I realize it was just the door shutting, I calm myself down again. This, unfortunately, also made Maya jolt. I felt bad, I wanted to tell her that I was fine and there was nothing to worry about, but given the circumstance I just laid there as still as I could. Then, my worst fears came true. "What's in your pocket?" Olivia's voice booms. Panic spreads through my body and I hold my breath waiting for Maya to reply. "Umm.. it's nothing." I hear Maya say anxiously. My heart sinks and I feel like I'm going to throw up, there is no way Olivia is just going to take that as an answer. I cover my ears as they start to argue back and fourth. Suddenly I am tossed around by the walls of the pocket as Maya abruptly shifts in her seat. "Holy shit Olivia, you're going to get us killed!" Maya's thunderous voice screams above me. Now I'm shaking uncontrollably, I had never heard Maya be quite this mad before. They argue some more and I hear the words I hoped to never hear, "I'll show you when we get home." I am filled with a feeling of fear and betrayal. How could Maya do this to me? I'm still wary around her, let alone being introduce to another giant. I start hyperventilating, I have nowhere to run or hide, I am at the complete mercy of Maya.

Maya POV:
I stop the car in our driveway and look very seriously at my sister. "You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone about what I'm about to show you". "Yes, I promise!" She says excitedly. "Okay, I'm going to need you to stay very calm and quiet." I say, carefully placing my hand in my pocket. I lay my hand flat so that Zoey can climb on, but after a few seconds nothing happens. I feel around for Zoey, she is at the complete edge of my pocket. I frown a little, knowing how hard and scary this is for her, I hope this doesn't damage her trust. I lay my hand out flat again and try to encourage her to climb on but still nothing happens. Finally I decide that I'm just going to have to grab her.

Zoey POV:
The car stops and I wait in terror. I know what's coming and there's nothing I can do from preventing it. Maya gives instructions to her sister to remain calm as if this is going to be scarring for anyone but me. Finally Maya puts her hand in the pocket and lays it down flat. Does she expect me to just willingly come out? I don't want to meet another giant and I will do anything in my power to prevent it. I sit in the opposite corner of the sweatshirt pocket in a small attempt to be defiant. I can tell Maya is getting impatient when she moves her hand closer. Suddenly her colossal fingers get very close and before I knew it they were wrapped around my waist. I quickly grab onto the fabric of the pocket and hold onto it as tight as I can. Maya's light grip begins to tighten as she attempts to pull me out. She stops for a moment when she feels my resistance. "Please don't be like this, I'm sorry" I hear Maya say sadly. I decide that my attempts are useless and I will just have to face what's coming. I let go of the fabric and Maya gently pulls me out of the pocket. I clench my eyes shut and prepare to meet another giant. When I am fully outside of the pocket I am met with a girl who looks a lot like Maya but with slightly darker hair. She stares down at me in amazement her mouth hanging open. I can feel myself slightly trembling in the palm of Maya's hand. "Holy shit, is that real?" Olivia basically screams, making me cover my ears. Maya looks angrily at Olivia "Shhh, I told you to be quiet, yes she's real." She says in a whisper. Suddenly Olivia's face is just inches from me and I back pedal slightly. "Can she talk?" Olivia ask looking up at Maya. "Yes she can talk. Maybe she would if you weren't two inches from her face!" Maya says with irritation. Olivia backs up slightly from me. "Sorry" she whispers. "So, what's your name?" My face turns red as I try to say anything. "M-my name is Zoey" I say shakily. Olivia's face lights up as she gasps in amazement. "Where did she come from?" Olivia asks. "Honestly we're not sure. She showed up just yesterday on my dresser." Maya says looking down at me. "Actually, we knew each other before" she continues "she was in my chemistry class." Now Olivia looks even more confused. "Wait? So she's not like a borrower or something like that? She just shrunk?" "That's what we figured. We still don't know how this happened." I hated not knowing how this happened or why.