Chapter 8

Indira

It was the next morning. I woke up with a pounding headache- my eyes even hurt to open.

No more drinking for me for a while.

I sat up in bed, taking in my surroundings. I wasn't in my own bed, however. Everything was dark- the walls were almost black instead of the mahogany wood I was used to, and the sheets were... green?

No memory of where I was could be recollected. Everything from last night was all a blur and I could only remember parts. The last thing I know is that I was getting some drinks and dancing with Rory. For my sake, I hope that was the last thing I did before ending up here.

After that thought, Astoria walked out of bathroom. She was wearing sweats but looked like she was not hungover whatsoever.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" She yelled, I winced and held my head.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Oh, this is your room. Thank goodness."

She walked over to the bed, handing me a glass of water and some pills for the hangover.

"That should help. Did you have fun last night?" She say on the edge of the bed that I now assumed was hers, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Well, what I can remember was fun." I threw the pills down my throat and washed them down.

Her brows now furrowed, "What do you remember?"

"The last thing I know it that we were getting more drinks and were dancing?" Again, I hope that's all that happened.

Astoria looked around for a moment, a small grin on her face.

"That's not all that happened, Indie. Malfoy punched Nott for who knows what, but it was definitely about you. Not to mention, Malfoy carried you back into the party later on- passed out cold."

Shit.

"Now why the hell would Malfoy get in a fight over me? He seems like he already despises me just like his little girlfriend. Second of all, why did he have to bring me in? Was I not at the party the entire time?" Thoughts raced through my mind, trying my hardest to remember everything- literally just any small detail, but I couldn't.

"I'm not sure, Nott can be quite the jokester sometimes. He probably said something completely idiotic that made everyone mad- Malfoy just has a short temper. As for you passing out, I think you just wandered out on accident. That's my fault though. I'm sorry for not watching out for you- I should've stopped you from drinking more." Astoria was twirling her wand around in her fingers, avoiding eye contact.

Honestly, that sounded about right.

I leaned in and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, "Rory, you have nothing to be sorry about. I need to be accountable for my own actions. Plus, I had a lot of fun regardless of anything that happened."

Her smile returned, "That's good to hear, thank you."

I just gave her a small nod. I should be getting back to my own dorm- I need to apologize to Mione and Ginny, and they're probably freaking out about my whereabouts right now.

I hugged Astoria and we exchanged goodbyes. With that, I began my journey back to my dorm. I felt like I was doing the walk of shame- traveling through the halls on a Sunday morning, dressed in a tight dress and heels.

Only a few students were around, snickering at me as I passed them by. I made it back without any major damage done to my reputation though, so I'll call that a success.