Chapter 17

Indira

It was crazy to me how much everything had changed in only one week. Going from being harassed by a girl that turned out to be one of my best friends, having my house be switched, and the guy that I thought would be my enemy was now taking me on a date was an immense amount of change for that short period of time.

It all seemed much too good to be true and I had my trust issues, but I wanted to try to be more vulnerable and put myself out there. I missed my old friends, but I had flourished in abundance where I am today. Draco and I had been moving fast, quickly going from flirtatious and somewhat rude encounters to sleeping together, but I want to keep my mind open.

Exactly thirty minutes later, a knock at my door sounded. On the other side was Draco, looking as dashing as ever- wearing a simple button down and slacks. I kept my jumper on, only changing into a skirt, tights, and applied light makeup to freshen up my appearance. I would never be any match for Draco though. He was perfect without even trying, and I constantly wondered if he was aware of it.

His arm was leaned against the doorframe as usual, towering down upon me, "You look very pretty, Indira."

I could tell that complements were not his forte, but it was nice that he had been making an effort, "Look at yourself. Ready to go?" I asked, grabbing a purse off the door handle.

He nodded, motioning for me to walk with him. Arriving at Hogsmead, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, glistening off the dewy moss and bricks on each building. Owls and other creatures flew through the air, chirping and singing away. He took me to a small place that I didn't catch the name of. It had a rustic look to it, but glass stained windows and several candles being lit made the place feel cozy.

After being sat down, a waiter brought us two Butter Beers, which were delightfully sweet and tasty. Looking up at Draco, his was almost gone- leaving him with a foamy mustache upon his upper lip.

I snickered and lifted a finger to point to the location of the froth, "You have a little... something."

His eyes widened and he proceeded to wipe it away with a napkin, making a scowling face at himself. Was the Draco Malfoy embarrassed?

"So, why'd you bring me out? I honestly didn't expect anything other than... what happened last night." I anxiously tapped the side of my glass, interesting as to what he would say.

"Indira, I am fascinated by you. Last night simply helped me further realize how much. You've truly taken me by surprise." An expression I had never seen on him before appeared. His usually cold eyes were relaxed, matched with a grin that revealed a slight dimple.

"If you don't mind me asking, why me though? I'm just ordinary compared to the rest of the girls in the castle." I was second guessing myself.

"You are far from ordinary." He replied, lowering his head- his eyes now starring deep into mine.

I didn't know how to reach other than a simple thank you, not being adjusted to this new attention. The rest of the evening we talked about our childhoods over our food. He talked about the early days of his; Playing outside his house with his mother, going to magical zoos, and taking many memorable trips. His seemed happy and filled with joy, unlike mineZ With me wanting to be vulnerable, I opened up about the abuse I had endured for many years. From the hitting, the bruising, the hair pulling, the bleeding- I explained it all. This left Draco shocked, speechless.

"I- I don't know what to say, Indira. Im so sorry." He whispered.

"There's no need to be, Im more than okay now." I gave him a weak smile, not wanting him to feel pity for me.