Chapter 21

Indira

After a week of anxiously waiting, Friday evening had rolled around. The night that I would go off on a journey with my friends and finally meet my uncle. Harry instructed me to meet them outside of Umbridge's office an hour after bed check, so when they time came I quietly snuck to the destination- carrying only a small bag with essentials. I did not want to be caught by a straggling Filch again, though detention with Snape had not been horrid. I simply dusted off some books and assisted with grading some parchment. As I walked up to Umbridge's office successfully unnoticed, behold, the golden trio stood exactly where Harry said to be, waiting for my arrival.

"Hey. So, what's the plan?" I whispered, taking my position beside Mione.

"We're going to take the Floo Network. Umbridge has one in her office." Harry replied.

I still had a lot to learn, "First, how are we going to get in there? Second, what is that?" I spoke, crossing my arms skeptically.

Harry looked at Hermione, motioning toward the door. She then stepped forward and raised her wand, speaking a spell I had yet to hear of.

"Alohamora." With a wave of her wand, the lock clicked and the door creaked open.

They all began walking in and I followed, "I have to remember that spell."

Inside, the room was even creepier at night- the pink walls looking more of a scarlet from the lunar light. The cats had left their portraits, leaving hundreds of empty frames on the wall. In the corner, there was a large fireplace and they all had gone to stand right beside it.

"Are we going to travel up the chimney like Santa?" I said sarcastically, causing Mione to giggle.

However, after pulling herself back to the task, she reached deep into her own bag and pulled out a small sack.

"This is the Floo Network. You stand inside with the powder in your hand, say precisely where you want to go, and throw it down. After that, it transports you to that location as long as it has an entrance too." Ron explained, reaching into the sack and pulling out a hand pull of charcoal colored dust.

Then, he looked at me to make sure I was listening carefully, "12 Grimmauld Place," he quietly announced before throwing the powder onto the ground, disappearing with a green flash.

"Okay, let's hurry this up. Go ahead and grab some powder. Hermione you go, then Indira, and I'll follow you guys after." Harry ordered, and we followed his instructions.

I took the soft powder in the palm of my hand, being careful to not let any slip through my fingers. Hermione then stepped into the fireplace, copying exactly what Ron had done. In an instant, she was gone as well and it was my turn. Harry and I were alone for the first time, an awkward silence filling the room.

As I took the spot of where a now absent Hermione had stood, I looked at Harry nervously.

"Remember, Indira, it's 12 Grimmauld Place. You have to say it very clearly or you'll end up like me a few years back, in a disturbing shop on the wrong side of Diagon Alley." He smiled, clearly trying to make an effort with me.

"I got it," I returned the expression, but then paused- looking down at my shoes anxiously, "What if he doesn't like me? Sirius?"

"Indira, he's going to love you. He's one of the best people I have ever met, and even though we haven't known each other for long- you are too," I almost teared up at his kind words, "Don't worry, I'm sure he's just as equally looking forward to seeing you," He reached out, placing his hand on my shoulder in a friendly way, "You've got this."