Chapter 11

Indira

"What is it? Did the nurse say something is wrong?" Hermione questioned.

The air felt as thin as ice.

"I got resorted into Slytherin," I kept my head low, not wanting to see the look on their faces, "I have to move out of here immediately."

Hermione was alarmingly quiet for a few moments, scaring me due to her usual babbling.

"You were resorted?" She asked.

"McGonagall found me in the hall and took me to Dumbledor's office. They did another sorting because the hat believed he had looked over other traits I hadn't shown before..." I trailed off.

Hermione looked puzzled, but then proceeded to rummage through a bag. Only a few seconds later, she pulled out an ancient looking book. After flipping and scanning through pages, her finger landed on a specific spot, and she quietly read it to herself before standing up and bringing it to me.

"I've heard of something like this before... but it's very rare," She explained, "Here, it states that many years ago- before Dumbledor was in charge- a young girl named Winona Archibald had been originally placed into the house of Ravenclaw for her intelligence and crowd pleasing wit. However, she did not only use her knowledge for schooling, but had also used it to make her own advances- brilliantly evil ones that harmed others including herself. This caused a reevaluation to take place, putting her in... Slytherin." Hermione looked up at me with worried eyes.

I could only imagine what they were thinking at this point, but I did no wrong like the girl in the book had.

"I was resorted because of loyalty, but also ambition. Dumbledor had heard about another spat I had with Pansy... and some other things from my past that I don't want to talk about," I continued to keep my head down, "I ran into her again in the... hall, and she was talking badly about you. I don't know what came over me, but I attacked her after that."

Though my effort to help defend my friends was the main reasoning behind the switch, I was terrified they would automatically treat me differently. After all, they were right about some of the Slytherins, but I was worried that they would turn on me because of it. I couldn't blame them, but I wasn't like the others. Most of all, I was scared of losing my friends.

"Indira, we know who you are. You're not evil or vile, and I'm thankful for you sticking up for us. Gryffindor or not, you'll always be family to us." Ginny spike up, like she had read my mind. She placed the clothes from my arms onto the dresser, proceeding to pull me in for a hug.

Soon after, Hermione joined as well. I then let my guard down, craving vulnerability. I began to sob, holding my friends tightly for support.

I had just began to feel like I belonged somewhere, and had just got comfortable with everything in my new life. Now, it was all about to change once again, and I was uncertain of what the future would hold for me now.

"Where will you be going?" Hermione asked as she pulled away.

I wiped away my tears, "I get to live with Astoria... and Pansy."

Ginny's jaw dropped, "There's no way they are making you room with her. There's got to be another option."

"I'll be okay, plus I don't think she'll try to bother me anymore after what happened today," I choked out a small laugh, "I probably instilled some fear into her."

"What happened besides her speaking badly about us, if you don't mind me asking?", Hermione inquired.

I finally came clean. I told them everything that had happened at the party, at Draco's door, and in his room. I felt guilty for keeping it from them even just this long, and I wanted to keep our friendship strong if I were going to be gone.