Chapter 10

Indira

My head was spinning- thoughts moving through it at a million miles per hour.

Subconsciously moving down the stairwell, each foot moved cautiously as I stepped down, and my hand gripped tightly onto the railing to my side.

I was in pure shock. My mission to confront Draco and demand answers from him did not go as planned; Instead, he left me breathless once again. The entirety of what had just played out was mostly a blur. I could only keep replaying the moment that his lips were so close to mine- his eyes, his icy eyes, looking at every inch of my body, and his slender fingers lifting my chin.

There was a purpose for me seeking him out, but all interest in getting my answers fled my mind in that moment. His touch had left goosebumps rising from my skin, feeling as if electricity had bolted through every inch of it.

Why did I not stop him? Why did I become so vulnerable when I had been so pissed only seconds before? Why was he treating me this way when we had barely spoken- not knowing each other at all?

These questions and the replays of the incident swirled around my mind as I walked back into the halls of the castle- ignoring whoever might have been in the common room as I passed through.

Aimlessly, I found myself walking to the Astronomy Tower for the third time in only 24 hours. However, before I could begin my journey up the stairs, a frantic Minerva McGonagall came walking in my direction, waving her hands in the air.

"Miss Black, Miss Black! You must come with me at once!" She spoke seriously.

"Is something wrong? Am I in trouble?" I was confused- hoping it had nothing to do with the party or... Draco.

"Not exactly, there's just some important matters we need to take care of immediately in the Headmaster's office." McGonagall tilted her head, motioning for me to follow her- and I did.

We moved in uncomfortable silence before reaching Headmaster Dumbledor's office. Entering, I was amazed by all of the trinkets that filled the room. Though, the most impressive object was a fiery, Scarlett bird, perched on a golden cage above Dumbledor's desk. I had never seen such a species before- it was beautiful.

Dumbledor stood up from his chair, "Ah, Miss Black. Thank you for coming."

Hesitantly, I stepped forward, "Professor Dumbledor, what's going on?"

He walked around the desk, gracefully approaching me and reaching out his hand- indicating that he wanted to show me something.

I gently took his hand and he began to walk me up a few stairs that were placed behind his desk- only taking a few seconds.

"Miss Black, you see, I was sitting in my office going over your transcripts when our good friend, the Sorting Hat, began to speak." His eyes wandering upward, falling on the brown hat that had sat on my head the first night I arrived.

"This has never happened in the hundreds of years that I have been at Hogwarts. It spoke to me, saying that he believes he had made a mistake with your sorting ceremony." My eyes widened, and McGonagall stood nervously behind us.

A mistake?

"Sir, I'm in Gryffindor." I replied.

"Correct, but I'm under the impression that the Sorting Hat would like to check again." Dumbledor did not seem nervous, more curious if anything.

He pulled out his wand, flicking it around in a particular motion- making the Sorting Hat float into his hands.

He turned towards me, raising his hand in the direction we had just came from, "Please, take a seat."