Chapter 12

Draco

I could hardly sleep- tossing and turning after hearing of Indira's new housing arrangements.

When I was able to drift off, flashbacks replaced my blank mind...

-

"Draco, I assume you've heard of the new member of the Black family," I shivered at the Dark Lord's voice.

"Yes-," I choked out.

"I have a mission for you, Draco. I need you to get close to the girl."

"My Lord, by what do you mean by my Draco getting close her?" My mother confidentially spoke.

"Ah, you see, you have already lost Andromeda, a member of the Black's, to a muggle. She was a traitor. We need Draco here to ensure this mistake is not made again by the girl herself... Indira." Voldemort had a plan that I was not ready to fulfill. I felt terrible for what the future had in store for her.

"Are you insisting my son lure in his own blood?" My father spoke out of line, causing a ray to shoot toward him.

"That is not how we speak around here, Lucius," the evil voice sounded, "Draco will follow through with my orders and make sure the girl ends up with him. No matter how disgraceful this may seem, it is the only way to ensure we stay strong and succeed with killing Harry Potter. I can only assume she is a powerful witch, coming from your shared bloodline. Though her mother is someone whom should be punished for her muggle ways, any kin of Regulus Black must be extraordinary."

I swallowed harshly at this sound of this vile, distasteful plan, but I had to obey for the sake of mine and my family's life.

"I'll do it, My Lord."

Voldemort rounded the table, stopping behind me- His deceased-like fingers wrapping around my shoulders. My mothers eyes stayed on me, filled with worry.

His head lowered beside my ear, "Thank you, Draco, for your loyalty. Do not fail me."

-

I shot up- panting and drenched with my own sweat. I was content before, living along side my parents who were the only ones of us to bow down to him. He was back and with my upcoming turning of age to 16, I was naturally pulled into the mess as well. This would be a test to see if I am worthy of keeping my life and serving the Dark Lord.

I knew I could do it. I had done everything right so far- calling her a mudblood to distract her from figuring out who she was, luring her into my trap with temptation the past couple of days... the real challenge was to completely make her immersed in me... and then into my world. Though, with her being a Slytherin now, it would make this almost too easy.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy- being sucked into this dark world of fear and loyalty to a horrid being. Most of all, I was disgusted at the plan for our arranged relationship that she didn't know about yet. We were cousins, after all, but she was unaware and I hoped it would stay that way for as long as possible- or until it's too late for her turn back.

Looking at the time, it was approximately 7 in the morning. I rose out of bed, walking to the bathroom- Blaise already gone.

Looking in the mirror, I looked horrendous. Harsh bags laid under my eyes and my hair had been matted down from sweat. I needed to look presentable for Indira to continue my mission.

With that, I climbed into the shower, making to sure to make every part of myself clean- not knowing the events that would take place later. The hot water hit my back, relaxing my tension some.