Part 9: Miku is concerned (2)

„What? Miku-san noticed?"

It was in the middle of school, Nino surprisingly approached me.
I thought she would always stay on at least 30 meters distance in school.
But here she was, talking to me with her arms crossed. She seemed to be serious about this, so I returned the seriousness.

„Yes, she not only noticed but also was okay with keeping it a secret without telling anyone."

„Isn't that a good thing?"

I asked curious.
Even though the things she said were rather positive for her, she seemed rather distrustful.

„I know but..."

„But what?"

„I have a feeling she didn't take me for full."

There it was.
Nino encountered an extreme situation, with extreme consequences, that put her in a situation where feelings awakened she didn't really knew how to handle.
Her lack of knowledge made her uneasy, so uneasy she didn't even had trust in her own family.

„Nino-san, don't worry. Have a little more faith in your sister. Even though you and her often have quarrels, she definitely understands how serious you are."

„..."

Nino didn't say anything after I pointed out her lack of faith in her family.

„She won't tell anyone. She will wait until you feel ready."

So I made it clear once more, that she shouldn't worry too much.

„You're Right, I'm dumb for not trusting my own family. Even though miku can be a pain in the neck sometimes."

„Hahaha, are you sure you aren't the one who's a pain in the neck?"

The seriousness of Nino was just too much.
I tried lightened up the mood with a joke, but she didn't seem to be in the mood for these kind of jokes.

„And who are you to talk? Just because we have conversations on occasionally basis it doesn't mean we are close enough for you to open your mouth and spout such bullshit."

Ouch, could it be that I hit a weak spot?

„I'm sorry?"

„Forget it."

After that she left and I stood there mad at myself for being such an idiot.

Nino's POV:

I was Walking back to my class after having a talk with that bastard.

„Who does he think he is to call me a pain in the neck! Just because I went easy on him he got cocky! Next time I-"

While badmouthing him in my head, suddenly this guilt welled up inside me.

„What's up with me? why do I feel so bad? I didn't do anything wrong."

„Nino."

All of a sudden Miku approached me from behind,

„What do you want?"

I thought she would leave me alone for a while but she called out to me only a day after.

„After school, come to xxx hotel."

„Huh?! Why?"