Part 30: Lets play a game!

RECOMMENDED SONG WHILE READING: Heart to Heart ~ Mac DeMarco

I remember the day as it was yesterday.
My sisters funeral...
I didn't see you in so long, we never really had an opportunity to talk after the death of my husband.
When I gave you my condolences you just smiled briefly and went on your way.
You accepted the condolences of everyone and left after praying and paying your respect.
This left everyone shocked,
this guy didn't even shed a single tear on the funeral of his mother"
„He didn't even cry, poor mother."
Everyone was taken aback by the fact you didn't cry and left so early, the only thing I could think about was
„How much must he have grieved before this?"
It's probably shameless of someone like me to say but don't worry, I understood.
It's not like you didn't cry because you didn't care.
You didn't cry because there weren't any tears left for you to cry.
You left because you didn't even knew these people.
For you they were people who didn't help your mother on her deathbed but were acting friendly enough to show up to the funeral.
It was unimaginably frustrating, wasn't it?
The only familiars your mother was close to were me and our mother.
Our mother died of old age 6 years before her own death and your father broke up all contact with his family that resides overseas.
So you had no family left, except for a poor piece of shit aunt that didn't do anything when her sister died.
It was terrible for you to have people like that on the funeral right?
We should be thankful that you didn't kick us all out.
Especially me.
Your hatred towards me should be enormous.
Thats how it should be...
That's why I was even more surprised when you showed up at my door and asked me to take you under my guardian ship.
Even tho money was tight, I thought it was the least I could do...

Akio's POV:
RECOMMENDED SONG WHILE READING: Self Love~ Metro boomin, Coi Leray

„Can you pass me over the salt darling?"

My aunt asked Nino who sat beside me.

„What kind of weird constellation is this?"

I thought to myself.
Let me explain, I interrupted the nakanos while having dinner, this led to me having a conversation with their dad.
To my surprise even Uesugi was in the same inn, to be honest I was pretty excited about that fact.
But I couldn't really enjoy it because in this moment I was sitting with Nino to my left, Her father to my right and my aunt in front of me.
This was just weird.

„Of course, Mrs Hana."

Nino said while forcing a smile,

„Oh oh oh, no need to be so formal. Leave out that mrs and you can say Samiko to me."

My aunt said with genuine joy on her face,

„Why the hell does she enjoy bothering Nino so much?"

„I understand, then Samiko is it really okay for your 2 little girls to eat alone with my sisters?"

Nino asked in a pressing way.
She wanted to point out the fact that she didn't even know anyone here and especially not her sisters.

„Of course, they're old enough. And kind people like your sisters would be cautious."

My aunt said while giving Yotsuba and Ichika a bright smile, both of them replied with a smile on their own.