Aquarium Kiss

An AU!
Percy and Annabeth are both adults in this.

Annabeth POV-
I sat at my desk as another day in the architecture business blows by. As the boss of my company, Olympus Architecture, I had to monitor my employee's work and designs for the clients. All of them that I went through looked amazing.

Until I saw one for the new marine research and rescue center and aquarium.

"No! No! No!" I pounded my fist on the table and called my secretary.

"Hey Pipes, could you get me Percy Jackson from the Marine Research Center on the line? I need to discuss some matters with him."

"Of course. Is that all you need, Annabeth?"

"For now, yes. Thanks, Pipes. Love you." Piper and I were best friends, if you couldn't already tell that much.

"Love you too!"

The call comes through to my office and I quickly pick up the phone.

"Hello? Is this Percy?"

"That's me. Who is this?" His voice is smooth and... well, kinda hot. I hate admitting that to anyone though.

"This is Annabeth Chase, head of Olympus Architecture. I wanted to call you about concerns with the aquarium."

"Uh oh. What's wrong?"

"Well, I left this to one of my employees to design, but unfortunately, they didn't do as great as I had hoped. I'm going to have to come take a look at the area and talk to you about the design myself. This will delay it a few days or so-"

"That's fine, as long as it's good enough for the animals."

"Alright. Can you possibly meet me-"

"I can be to your office in about twenty minutes."

"Sounds great."

When he arrives, he's carrying two steaming cups of something from the coffee shop down the street.

"I wasn't sure what you liked, so I just got you hot cocoa."

"That sounds amazing, thank you."

"Careful, it's hot," he says.

"Thanks. I couldn't tell by the name or the steam coming out of it," I say sarcastically.

"We're going to get along perfectly." He smiles.

I ask him questions about the sea creatures and what they need. Then I draw up a plan with my ideas included.

The biggest problem was spacing, but I found a way to get every creature the room they needed.

"How does this look?" I ask, showing him the blueprint.

"I can't tell what any of this means, so I'll take my chances and say yes." I laugh.

Percy and I have been working together for nearly a year, trying to get the building together. We've grown really close, becoming the best of friends.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain!" I say as I come up behind him. He turns around.

"Hey Wise Girl! I thought you weren't coming today. I thought the construction crew was just going to be here.

"Can't I give my friend a visit without a reason?"

"Of course, I'm just surprised."

We take a walk through the building. Walls were up, and currently tanks were being constructed. A few were already finished with fish in them.