Pinkie Promise

Percabeth AU
Through the years, bold number is age.
Kinda angsty towards the end

5-

The two friends sat in Sally's office, craft stuff in hand.

"Give me the blue one!" Argued Percy as he watched Annabeth take a bead.

"I want the blue one!" She didn't really, but she just wanted to argue.

"You don't even like blue!" He exclaimed.

"But it's the last one and I want it! You always get blue!"

"Both of you stop arguing," Sally said, as calmly as she could. "Percy, you have a lot of blue beads on the rest of your bracelets."

"Because Annabeth doesn't like blue so she gives them all to me."

"I'll buy you more beads. Let Annabeth have this one." He sighed.

"Okay."

"Good. I'm glad that that's settled. No more fighting."

"Okay, Sally," Annabeth said.

"Yes, mama."

They continued to make necklaces, using wooden beads, macaroni and yarn. They slid them all on, and lastly, Annabeth slid the blue bead on hers with a smile.

"Percy, turn around," Annabeth ordered. He did as he was told and she tied the necklace in a triple knot around his neck. "I tied it tight so it never comes off. Now do the same with yours."

He smiled and turned around, swinging his over her head. He began to do the same.

"Ouch! You're pulling my hair!"

"Sorry!" He exclaimed. He slipped her hair out of the knot, careful not to tug too much. He finished the triple knot and she turned around to face him once more.

Holding up her pinkie, she said, "pinkie promise that we'll be best friends forever."

He joined his pinkie with hers.

10-

Annabeth loved the way that the gold shimmered on the trail, even through the dark forest. It lit up the path and took her away to Oz. As the trail continued to wind, she followed until she heard the water roaring on the creek. From there, she traveled towards the castle of the wicked witch.

She spotted the ugly thing across the creek. He had black hair and-

"Is that what you really to me as? A witch?" Asks Percy, peering over her shoulder as she writes. Ever since Annabeth had gone with Piper to watch Wicked, she had been obsessed. Everything she wrote was about witches, Wizard of Oz, Wicked, or all.

"It's what you are."

"Can I at least be Glinda? She's the pretty one."

Annabeth's face scrunches up. "Percy, that's gross."

"Isn't she supposed to be pretty?"

"Between the two, but they're both too old."

"Just because I think she's pretty doesn't mean I like her like that. And really it's just her hair that's pretty. It's all blonde and curly."

"I have blonde hair too. And it's curly like hers," Annabeth stated.

Percy just smiled, not sure what to say.

When Halloween rolled around, Annabeth dressed as Glinda. And Percy got suckered into being Elphaba. He couldn't say no to Annabeth, especially when she gave him her signature glare.