Falling For You (pt. 2)

And we're back with part two! I hope you enjoy! This one will be in 1st Person because that's always what I end up going to, despite my efforts to make an attempt at 3rd lol.

Please let me know if I messed anything up lol. I did not proofread, because honestly, I never do.

I message Annabeth a picture of the recipe my mom showed me. It sits on a recipe card with little designs in the corners.

Annabeth: Thank you!

Percy: of course

I set my phone down to help my mom with her apple pie.

"So, how'd you meet Annabeth?"

"At the orchard. I may or may not have started an argument with her."

She frowns. "About what?"

"You're not gonna be happy with me."

"Percy," she gives me a disapproving look.

"There may have only been enough Cortland apples left for one pie..."

"You did not!"

"I was there first and had like half of them already. I mean one of us was going to get all of them, and it was only fair. Besides, I promised to help her make another pie. That's why I needed the Cherry pie recipe."

My mom lets out a laugh for some reason. "That's sweet of you, Percy. Are you sure she needs help though?"

"She told me she doesn't know how to do anything but make apple pie."

My mom laughs again. "If she insists."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing. But I think Annabeth might just like hanging out with you."

"She didn't even know me when she told me that." My mom smiles.

"That's interesting."

I raise my eyebrow but don't further question. My mom just sighs and hands me the bowl of apples, smothered in cinnamon and sugar and a spoon. I begin to mix it all together while she prepares the crust and the topping

When we put it all in to bake, I pick up my phone and send Annabeth a text.

Percy: how's pie making? Need help?

Annabeth: just got the ingredients

Annabeth: if you want to help, I guess that would be acceptable

Percy: just finished the apple pie, I'm in the mood. Where should I meet you?

I turn to my mom. "I'm gonna go help Annabeth with the cherry pie. I'll be home in a bit."

"That's fine, sweetie. Just wait a little bit longer and I'll give you a slice of this to take her. Also, tell her that you guys can use the restaurant if you'd rather since we're closed."

Percy: We could use the kitchen at the restaurant if you'd prefer

Annabeth: sounds great. I'll meet you there around 6

•••

I race out of the house to meet Annabeth at the restaurant. When I get there, she is sitting on a bench outside with a coffee in hand, the basket full of ingredients next to her. She smiles at me as I approach.

"Hi Percy," she greets. "Thank you for agreeing to meet me here. And thanks for the recipe. It means a lot."

"Of course." I unlock the kitchen doors and flick on the lights. She lays all of the ingredients out and we get to work on the pie.

We flir— talk the whole time. It's fun, she's cute and I find that she's even cuter when you challenge her. Her eyes squint at you and she really looks scary.

But a cute scary. She could kill me and I'd probably thank her and call her pretty. Normal feelings.

At one point during my challenge to her (how long it would take her to mix the batter for the pie crust until it was smooth) she leans over and kisses my cheek.

I freeze for a moment startled by it, then I turn to her.

"You looked with batter on your face," she teases.

"I do? Oh!" I wipe at my face. At that moment she dips her spoon in the batter and flicks it at me.

"You're impossible," I tell her. She just laughs as I wipe it off.

"Just a little bit. Now how long does this go in for again?" I read the recipe card. She turns to me. "I win by the way."

I look at the clock and sure enough it was only 6:15.

"How'd you get it smooth so fast?" I ask.

"It's called a gym." She pinches my bicep. "Might wanna try it sometime."

"I'll have you know that I go to the gym nearly every day, oh wise one."

"Yeah, then where's the result?"

"I remember someone calling me cute not even two minutes ago."

"And I call babies cute too. Last I checked, they  aren't hitting the gym."

I flex for her. "I can't believe you're comparing this to a chubby little baby."

"You're right. That's rude to all of the babies out there. I should go apologize."

"You're brutal."

"I think you like it."

"Nope. Not one bit." She hums and begins to put the cherry filling in the pie. We both work on the lattice. There's a ring to tell us that the oven is preheated and ready. We stick the pie in and wait.

"You owe me coffee," she says.

"I know."

"Can I have some now?"

"You just finished one." I point to her cup in the garbage can.

"You underestimate the amount of coffee that I rely on to be happy."

I sigh and pull out my wallet.  "Whatever. A deals a deal. Where would you like it from?"

She gives me the name of a cafe down the road. I leave her to watch the pie and go to get her what she wants.

While I wait for the order to be ready, I search through the bookstore next door for a book that Annabeth had mentioned wanting to read earlier during our chatting. I find it quickly... after I ask for help. They put it in a paper bag and when I ask, put some tissue paper over it.

I go back to the cafe and pick up Annabeth's order. Then I return to the restaurant.

She sits on her phone when I arrive. She turns to look up at me and smiles. I hand her the coffee and then hold out the bag to her.

"Percy! You got that for me?"

"Yeah, open it." So she does and she's surprised at what she sees.

"Oh! How'd you know I wanted this one?"

"You mentioned it when we were talking." She gives me a hug.

"Thank you." She presses a kiss to my cheek. The second one today.

"Of course." The oven beeps and she lets go of me to take the pie out. I miss her warmth.

She smiles at the pie. "It looks perfect. My cousin will love it."

"We just gotta let it cool," I tell her. "Then we can head out." I frown. Would we still hang out after this is done?