Mornings

Just a cute little one shot!

Annabeth walks out the doors of her and Percy's room in their apartment. Percy stood in the kitchen, cooking something for breakfast. It smelled delicious.

"Good morning, Wise Girl," he says. He was in a much too delightful mood.

"Someone's happy this morning. Someone is also usually a grump in the morning. What did you do?"

"I'm just in a good mood today."

"Mhm, sure." Annabeth sits at the table carefully, making sure there's not a single trick. Like a whoopie cushioned seat. She experienced that last week. And the week before. She was getting sick of it.

"I swear. Nothing is wrong." She could tell he was being honest with her. If he was lying, his eyebrows would crease and he would fiddle with his fingers, just slightly, but she had picked it up over the ten years that she'd known him.

She relaxes and he brings them each a plate of food. Toast with her favorite strawberry jam from camp, eggs cooked exactly the way he knows she likes them, breakfast sausage, bacon, and hash browns. She digs in happily. He puts a bit of syrup on his plate and dips the breakfast sausage in it. (Am I the only one who likes breakfast sausage and syrup together? Literally why does it taste so good?)

"That's disgusting," she says as he takes a bite.

"Have you ever tried it?"

"No, because it's disgusting."

"Just try it." He pours a bit of syrup right next to the sausage on her plate. She rolls her eyes.

"Not gonna happen."

"Is Annabeth Chase a chicken?" He teases. She frowns.

"No, I'm not. I'm just not an idiot with weird taste."

"I'm the one with weird taste? You're dating me."

"Percy! Give yourself some credit. You may have kelp for a brain, but you make up for it with your big heart. Like the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz. Except you can't sing," she teases him, only slightly. She would yell at him later for putting himself down like he frequently does.

"Gee thanks," he says. He finishes off his meal and she can't believe how quick he can eat.

"I love you, Seaweed Brain."

"I love you more, Wise Girl. Now could you please try sausage and syrup?"

"No way!" She eats the rest of her meal, besides the syrup and takes both of their plates off the table to wash them. As she wipes them off, he comes up behind her and wraps his arm around her, resting his head on her shoulder.

He presses a quick kiss to her neck. "Do you want to know why I'm so happy this morning?"

"I am curious."

"Well, for the first time in a long time, I didn't have nightmare. I had a wonderful dream. It was about you and me and we had a breakfast like this. It's kinda what gave me the idea to have this breakfast." He hoped she couldn't feel the heat that rose on his cheeks as his head remained on her shoulder.

"Anything that gets you to get up early and make a breakfast as amazing as this is good in my book."

"But there's more. In the dream, we were a bit older. We were married. There were three kids. A girl and two boys that had to be twins. The girl had my hair and your beautiful eyes and the boys were the complete opposite. It was funny, really-"

"What were their names?" She asks, her cheeks pink and her smile wide.

"Oh gods, I can't remember. I tried to, I really did, but it was such a minor detail and I kind of forgot it."

"I guess we'll know when the time comes. Tell me more."

"Okay. I was making breakfast, the girl was arguing with the twins over something. And you were beautiful as ever. I think you were pregnant. You said something about another baby-"

"I am not having four kids."

"Okay. So what I'm hearing is five?" He asks. She laughs.

"No! One and a set of twins is plenty. Besides, I'm not going to worry about it until someone puts a ring on it."

"Soon enough."

"You're a chicken."

"I am not! I'm just waiting for the perfect moment."

"Percy, I'm about ready to take matters into my own hands and propose to you." He laughs and kisses her neck again.

"Can I tell you something else about my dream?" He asks.

"Go ahead."

"You were a famous architect and we lived in a house you designed. I helped though, I could tell. There was a big fish tank." She laughs.

"I'm sure that was your biggest contribution."

"It was so pretty! It had Nemo fish in it! And Dory fish!"

"Did we seriously spend money on college for you to still call them Nemo and Dory fish?"

"In my defense, at least ten of them were named Nemo and Dory."

"Oh, so you remember the fish names, but not our children's?" She elbows him playfully. He flicks his wrist and the running water of the faucet sprays her with water. Then, he dashes through the cozy living room, throwing a blanket over himself as cover.

"Oh wow, I have no clue where Percy is," Annabeth says sarcastically. As she steps closer to him, he throws the blanket off and jumps up, wrapping his arms around her. He dries the water from her sweatshirt. His sweatshirt actually. He loves the way it looks on her though, so he would always smile when she wore it. That was another reason he was so happy this morning. Annabeth was in his sweatshirt. The one that said 'Jackson' on the back.

Someday soon. He tries to hide the smirk as he gets down on one knee. She gasps.

Then he fixes his sock that had gotten twisted when he dove onto the couch and covered himself in a blanket.

"Sorry, it got twisted up." She frowns at him.

"Asshole," she mutters. She gently kicks him over so he rolls onto the ground. He looks up into her beautiful gray eyes and her golden curls. "If you don't propose by the end of the week, I might have to kill you."

"I love you too." He reaches his arms up to her and she begins to pull him up. Then she lets go again and grabs her phone.

He falls back onto the ground. "Ruthless," he mutters.

"Sorry, I thought I felt it buzz." She shows him the screen with a smirk. "Apparently not."

He laughs at her attempt to mock him. Then he looks at her with pleading baby seal eyes. "Just come kiss me."

So she does.