Playground Promises

IM BACK YALL
꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂
Custard POV
We woke up early this morning because Princess wanted to get back to the kingdom as soon as possible.
"Why are we up so early..?" Licorice groaned.
"I have to get myself and these two kids home as fast as I can. They've been missing for a week and everyone has been worrying about them."
A week? Has it really been a week?
I was still tired. I slowly walked behind Princess and Licorice. Me, Pancake and Poison Mushroom walked tiredly.

"Will it take long..?" Pancake groaned.
"I'm.. not sure. I hope not." Princess replied.
We walked and walked and walked.
"I'm hungry!" I yelled.
"Me two!" Pancake shouted.
"Me three!"
"Ok, I'll find some food." Princess said and looked around. She found some berries on a bush.
"Look berries!" She picked one and looked at it.
"I think they're good!" She picked some more and handed it to me, Pancake and Mushroom.
We ate the berries and kept walking. We walked for two hours until we finally saw the gates of the kingdom.

"Look!" Pancake pointed. "We're almost there!" All three of us jumped and ran up to the gates.
"Poison Mushroom, wait!" Licorice called out.
We knocked on the big doors and they opened. We all jumped some more before walking into the kingdom.
"Fellow Cookies! I'm back!!" Some cookies nearby looked at me. They all gasped and started alerting everyone. Then a crowd surrounded me and Pancake. They had pushed Poison Mushroom out of the way.
They all started asking where I've been and if I was okay. It was kinda overwhelming. Princess ran in.

"Everybody back up! Back up! You're overwhelming the King!" I looked at her. How did she know I was overwhelmed..? Everyone did back up though and gave me space. Licorice ran through and picked up Poison Mushroom.
"Poison Mushroom! Don't run off without me!" He looked up and realized everyone was staring at him. They gave him dirty looks.
"What... why are you looking at me like that.."
They started walking in closer as he backed up.
"Uhm guys..." his voice was unsteady and worried.

"What did you do?!"
"Did you kidnap the king?"
"Did you hurt him?"
All their yells overlapped each other. It looked like Licorice was panicking.
"I- I didn't- I didn't do anything! I didn't do anything!" He screamed but the yells only got louder. I walked in front of him.
"SHHHHHH!" I screamed. Everyone shut up.
"Licorice didn't do anything. In fact he helped me!" Everyone backed away and gave him a suspicious eye, but left him alone.

"Thanks kid.." he sighed in relief. I saw Herb walk out of a building. Only to look at me in shock and run back inside. He came running back out with Rye and... Chili Pepper..
"Custard!" She ran up to me and gave me a big hug.
"Chili Pepper!" I squeezed her tight.
"Oh god I missed you."
"I missed you too." I smiled.
"Are you okay?" She asked me. I nodded.
"Are you? You fought pretty hard back there.."
"Huh? Oh I'm fine now! No need to worry!" She smiled back at me.

I looked at her arms which were wrapped in bandages.
"Hey Custard," she put her hand on my face. I looked at her. "I'm okay.." her smile warmed me.
"And I promise, I'll never yell at you for that reason again, ok?" I nodded. "I think you're a great king." My heart fluttered with joy! She said I was a great king! I was so happy. I held out my pinky.
"Pinky Promise?" She chuckled and held her pinky out,
"Promise." She wrapped her pinky around mines.
"But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna tease you every once in a while." She smirked. I laughed.

"Hi!" Poison Mushroom said, walking in between me and Chili Pepper.
"Oh uh....hello." Chili Pepper said. They smiled. That's it. Didn't say anything after that, just smiled. Chili Pepper pushed them away before standing up.
"So! What shall we do?"
"Hmmm..." I thought. I put my finger on my chin.
"Maybe we could... play on the playground..?"
"Sounds good!" I grabbed her hand and we started walking away when we heard Licorice gasp. I immediately turned around and saw Dark Choco Cookie.

"D-Dark Choco Cookie? What are you doing here?!"
"Dark Enchantress needs you back.."
"No! I'm not going back right now!" He walked up to Licorice and put his hands on his shoulders.
"Yes you are..." Licorice tried to run away but Dark Choco was too strong. He started dragging him away.
"Wait! No! Ugh, Poison Mushroom! Come on!" They ran up to Licorice and grabbed his hand.
I ran up to them.
"Hey! Give me back my friends!"
"Sorry. I can't. I have to get them back to Dark Enchantress Cookie. I ran after them but I stopped when they entered the woods.

I would NOT be going back there without an adult. I turned around and faced everyone. I pouted.
"Hey don't be upset. They got places to be, things to do." I nodded sadly.
"Yeah... I guess.."
"C'mon. Let's go play in the park." I smiled as I grabbed her hand again and we walked away.

♡︎~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡︎
We've been playing for a while now and we were now swinging on the swings. As we were swinging I was thinking about what Princess said last night.
That I could be related to Pure Vanilla Cookie..?
"Hey Chili Pepper."
"Yeah?"
"Last night.. Princess Cookie told me that... I could be related to Pure Vanilla.."
"What?"
"Yeah!" It's possible! That would be very cool."
"Yeah it would."

"Is there any way we could find out..?"
"Probably. Somewhere out there.. there has to be something." I nodded
"Well, I know what our next mission is gonna be." I looked at her with a big smile on my face.
"Really?!!" She nodded.
"Yes! Yes yes!" She chuckled as I jumped around in joy. I was
SO EXCITED.

꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂
Don't worry I won't break the promise :)