❤Chapter 15

Chapter 16 - Confirmed: Jeremy hates Cassis Pedelian

That evening, Jeremy came to my room.

“Noona, did you hear about Charlotte?” Jeremy said. As usual, he was on the floor, wrinkling the skirt of my dress and smiling at me with an eager, foolish expression. The topic tonight seemed to excite him. 

I sat at ease on the sofa, looking down at him fondly. 

“I heard she made a disturbance in the dungeons,” I said. 

Charlotte was currently being sentenced to twenty days in a torture chamber. 

Our father, Lant Agriche, was incensed that she had openly defied his order and had let the Pedelian have an advantage over an Agriche. The prisoner must have felt some satisfaction when Charlotte had supposedly broken his demonic restraints. However, there was no fear of the prisoner escaping. If Cassis had had a solid chance to leave at all, Charlotte wouldn’t be alive right now. 

Overall, I was satisfied with the result. 

“You know how her toys look after Charlotte is done with them. The new toy is probably ruined. Will you still see it?” Jeremy lowered his voice and tried his best to look unconcerned. Yet his light blue eyes, bright as the ocean, stared back at me without blinking. 

Besides his dark hair, I was glad to see that Jeremy didn’t resemble our father. It would have been harder to stand his presence up close like this if I was constantly reminded of Lant Agriche.

“It is unfortunate that she laid her hands on it first. Hmmm, what to do?” I patted his head. 

Disappointment tinged my voice and I pulled off an air of regret. My eyelids lowered as I pretended to consider my options carefully.

“Charlotte is an idiot. She shouldn’t have touched Noona’s toy,” Jeremy said exuberantly. “She’s being punished by father as she deserves. I don’t think I need to step in as well.” He puffed up his chest proudly. 

I could see that Jeremy was trying to put himself in the spotlight. He had obeyed my orders completely. It couldn’t be helped if Charlotte did not have common sense. 

“Really?” I said, disinterested.

Jeremy smiled sharply. It seemed that I had lost interest in the new toy. I had not asked for more details about the prisoner’s condition. 

“Noona, should I punish Charlotte again and keep her away from the dungeons?” Jeremy said.

The poor boy. He needed to practice his acting more. It was obvious now that he had persuaded Charlotte to see the prisoner. Conveniently, he was now switching sides and planned to expel her. 

My mouth almost curved into a smile. His petty acting was pretty funny to me. 

“Leave her,” I said. “The child will need to recover after enduring Father’s punishments. I doubt she will enter the dungeons again. If she does, I won’t tolerate her actions twice.”

Although I said that, I knew Charlotte would want revenge on Cassis for humiliating her. At the very least,  Cassis was safe from Charlotte for at least twenty days while she was being confined. 

I let my hand rest on Jeremy’s soft hair. “You are the only sibling who is good to me, my darling brother.”

Jeremy blinked, his face colouring from guilt. 

Soon he replied to me, smiling. “Of course, I am always on Noona’s side.”

Jeremy POV

Five minutes later, he bade Roxana goodnight and stepped into the corridor.

“Charlotte, that useless a**h@le,” Jeremy said, annoyed.

His little sister had spoiled his plans entirely. At the very least, the b!#ch should have finished half of the job. He had wanted that toy broken beyond repair, if not destroyed. 

Roxana was still interested in that toy. He gritted his teeth. 

However, there was no shame for an Agriche to break a demonic object by mistake. It usually took deliberate concentration for even the most trained warriors to negate the magic bindings.

“That toy deserves to be beaten. I hope Father kills it soon,” his sea-blue eyes glittered like ice. 

Jeremy wanted the right to murder Cassis Pedelian with his own hands, but he had promised Roxana he would no longer touch the toy, even indirectly. She trusted him, after all.

For the first time, she had even called him “her darling brother.” 

S#!t, why did he feel so conflicted now? His pride had been wounded and his heart was now throbbing painfully.

 He headed back to his room, scratching his head in confusion.