chapter 1

Win's grip on pen tightens as the bulge in his pants grows.

He hides it, at least tries to by sliding an inch closer to his table and crossing his legs awkwardly.

"Cats cats cats..." he mutters in a frenzy, "uhm, spiders, geckos, Fong, snakes, insects, nights, bed, bedroom, Mr. Chivaaree... shit!"

Fong takes a notice of Win's misery (although his unwanted glory is still thankfully concealed under the table) and frowns, throwing a ball of paper in his direction. Win flinches, finally taking his eyes away from scintillating view of professor Chivaaree standing behind podium, speaking about theatrical evolution in restoration period but all Win can see is his cupid bow lips moving and his sensuous fingers sleeking his hair up, stealing Win's breathe away.

Somebody should get him a reward for surviving two years of this heart-rending crush he's hiding in his heart and a little in his pants when horniness takes over love.

In any case, Win is fine by the whole worshipping from afar thing. How often do people get the chance to hide a hard on in the middle of a lecture? He's a lucky guy!

...

"Seriously" Fong snorts, "you're pathetic dude. It's our last year. What's stopping you now?"

Win slurps his coffee down while his eyes make a tour to professor Chivaaree standing at the café counter.

"What's stopping me?" Win parrots, "hmm let's see... may be the idea of Mr. Chivaaree looking at me with pity and saying he's straight and in a relationship. Plus, the humiliation that comes with rejection. God forbids what if he also complains to Dean..."

"Win relax" Fong says loudly, bringing the other back from whatever tragic place he's mind ventured to.

Win sighs, still stabbing the professor with his timid but needy gazes that the latter is oblivious of. He often wonders how amazing his otherwise petty love story would be if only they were in a Japanese rom com. Or perhaps on a more realistic ground, things would still be great if only he were interested in the beautiful girls in his uni or the sexy ones on dating profiles. But Win would rather be pining for a college professor who's seemingly straight and certainly unavailable than enjoy mushy moments with anybody else. Yep, Win's a masochist, only the kind who wish they were not.

"Gosh not the fucking lip bite" Win grunts slowly, smacking his head on the edge of the table.

If crushing on someone came with money, Win would still be a broke because that fucking goofy smile of professor Chivaaree, that's worth billion dollars.

Fong rolls his eyes, this little poetic shit is going crazy with each passing day.

...

Bright skitters down the stairs, glancing at his watch. He can't afford to be late especially when Mike has literally threatened to rat on him to his mother if he so much as even thought of bailing on Mook, Mike's collegue and Bright's blind date.

"This blind dating doesn't work for me dude, you know it."

Bright says and Mike hushes him from the other side of the phone. Bright shakes his head, his eyes fixed on the road as he drives.

"She's just your type."

"You said the same about last one and no Mike, racist jokes and catcalling is so not my type."

"But what about Fah?" Mike inquires, "she was cute. And you said she liked indie songs too. Tch, if only you agreed for a second date with her-"

"I don't know man" Bright sighs, loosening his tie, "I seriously think you and mae should stop nagging me already. If someone's actually out there for me, I don't believe they're in the restaurants you guys keep sending me to every weekend."

"Yeah right Mr. Love expert" his friend chortles, "she's just around the corner, isn't she? Wake up Bright baby, it's not that easy to find love."

Bright rolls his eyes, "yeah whatever. I'll call you in evening when - fuck!"

Bright's car screeches to halt as a cat runs across the street and he bounces back and forth in his seat.

"Fuck!" he curses in terror before dashing out of the car to follow the cat's trail. He just hopes he hasn't startled or hurt the the little creature.

Bright wends his way to the corner of the street where the cat took long strides and luckily, Bright catches the sight of the cat, mewling in the arms of a boy?

Bright frowns, peeping through a tree and it takes him a few seconds to realise where has he seen the boy.

Twinkling hazel eyes, raven hair falling messily on forehead, white skin... Oh it's the bunny boy from  third year law class. Bright is pleasantly surprised at remembering the boy, more at the fact that this boy does know how to smile! But then Metawhip (or Metawin, Bright isn't sure) is too brilliant at academics to not catch attention.

As much as he recalls, the boy always stares at Bright, sometimes so much that Bright literally gets too conscious of himself, checking for horns he might have grown for the other to see. And when he's not boring holes in Bright's face, he's so silent in the class like he's sleepy or bored or anything but interested in Bright's lectures.

In any case, looking at him talking to the cat in a soft voice does feel good.

"Hey Ame.. what are you so cute for huh? You want hugs? Kisses?"

Bright smiles, hearing the boy's liquid voice and silently tiptoes back to his car.

He has a date and ruining it will be one step short of evoking a witch aka his mother.

🖤🤍

A/n: win in this story was supposed to be in his fifth year of college but then, the duration of graduating from law differs in different places so I let it be like that. Don't mind skshjk