2

"That would be all, any questions?" Bright asks, wiping freckles of the marker off of his hand when a girl stands in her seat, flicking her hair, chewing a gum. 

"I have" she says, "would you go out with me, Mr. Chivaaree?"

Win jostles awake from his half slumber and ducks his head to the girl's side.

What the fuck?!?!?!? 

Amidst the pre-planned wolf whistles, Bright shakes his head amusingly.

"I'd have appreciated if you stayed within the periphery of syllabus but anyways, no Ms. Tanya, I am afraid I won't."

Waves of boohoos and woahs echo within the walls of the class and Tanya, grinning ludicrously entertain them all before sinking in her place.

"The class's dismissed. Don't forget to do close reading of the text. See ya."

The students start dispersing and Bright assembles his stuff before exiting the class, a small smile ghosting over his lips because did I just see Metawin glaring at Tanya? And what in sweet Jesus was that cute pout?  Somebody should tell Metawin he's not being subtle at all.

But then, Bright contemplates, when has the bunny boy ever been?

...

Win slouches at the last bench in his class, still edgy about what happened yesterday in the class, not minding Fong cussing as he plays in his phone.

How did Tanya manage to confess? Is it really that easy? Why does he lack the casual bravado he desperately needs to water the roots of his romance? Why was he jealous when he doesn't even plan to ever profess his feelings?

"I'm so fucking tired" he drawls, "can't take another class today."

"Me neither" Fong suggests, "let's hang out at my place."

Win shakes his head in disapproval.

"I said I'm tired, not free. Gotta do assignments, reconsider my life decisions, cry over my unrequited love, handle my parents.. etcetera etcetera."

Fong flicks his head before dragging him out of the class.

"Uhm - you're Metawin, right?"

The boys flinch as two girls approach them, looking at Win who nods, completely blank.

"Can we talk, like in private?"

"What is it?" Win asks after Fong leaves, telling him to meet at his place in the evening.

Tanya begins, "okay so the thing is, I left a note in Mr. Chivaaree's office and it's a confession note. But today, my boyfriend is also attending his lecture which means he can't know that I did it -"

"Wait wait" Win interrupts, "why would you ask someone out when you already have a boyfriend?"

Tanya rolls her eyes, "ever heard of playing dare? I bet not, knowing how nerd you are."

Win crosses hands against his chest. Good, he concludes, she was only joking around. Mr. Chivaaree is way too good for this bimbo.

"Why don't you explain to your boyfriend then?" Win retorts, "I'm sure he's not a nerd and knows what dare is."

Tanya has the decency to flush which is immediately replaced by a politeness.

"I need you to fetch that note from his office."

Win blinks stupidly, "huh?"

Tanya shrugs, "if I go into his office or send my friends, he'll know I've put the letter there. Come on, you have to do it before his class starts. Please?"

Win shakes his head fervently. There's no way in hell he'd go in Mr. Chivaaree's office when he has somehow managed two years without doing so. Nevertheless, his curiosity gets the best of him.

"Uhm.. what did you write in the letter?"

The two girls exchange looks before Tanya puts her innocent face in display.

"Just the phrase, I like you. Nothing else, I promise." 

Win bites his lips, wondering what worst could happen if he got caught. Mr. Chivaaree would notice him, that could happen.

Win cringes with fear, no no.

Before Tanya could talk him into the adventure, the lecture commences and they go sit back in their respective seats.

...

Bright slaps the book on the table after the lecture ends.

"So I found a letter at my desk and honestly, I didn't want to call them out in front of the class but this needs to be addressed so whoever has put it there, please come forward."

Win gulps as he feels Tanya's hopeful glances she's sneaking at him and when he turns to her so he could apologize for not helping her out, he sees how she has an expression of a helpless deer, sitting next to the lion boyfriend. She mouths a please at him and Win is too kind to hurt people or even let them be hurt and so he squeezes his eyes shut because coming in Professor Chivaaree's attention is a huge deal and whether it's a good one or bad, he doesn't have time to figure.

"Whoever it is, please come front or else -"

"It was me" Win stands up abruptly with his loud admission, "I - I did it."

However, Win doesn't find it in him yet to look at Bright looking at him and so he keeps his eyes bent on the book where he has scribbled Bright's name with a heart.

The classroom air ring with a collective gasp, followed by faint murmurs. This is so not how Win had planned to come out to his classmates. Actually, he hadn't planned to do it ever but things render themselves out of control. That's life.

The silence churns Win's stomach and so he slowly raises his head.

Prof. Bright is looking at him and it's not an accidental glance.

"In my office" hears Win before everything blurs away.

🖤🤍

Love Me, Sensei On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara