13

A/n: I wanted to publish this chapter two days ago but anyways here it is, the last chapter of Love me, Sensei. If you've made it this far, thank you.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to everyone who's trying their best in whatever they're doing. Trying is not nothing. Much love and strength ❤️

....

The chair shrieks as Bright stands abruptly.

"I'm sorry I have to go" he says politely.

Dove frowns, "wait- what do you mean you have to go?"

"I mean my boyfriend is attending his graduation after-party and i have to be there for him."

Dove is startled, opening her mouth but not really sure what to say.

"Oh my god!" she exclaims, "how dare your mom humiliate me like this? You have a boyfriend and she set me up with you?"

"No listen, it's not her fault" Bright explains, "she doesn't know about it. Please don't say anything to her."

Dove glares at him but still asks him to sit back in his place and Bright, though puzzled, does as asked.

"Why haven't you told her yet? You're not serious with him?" She asks, squinting her eyes dubiously at him.

"It's not that. I'm afraid of her reaction" he admits.

"She doesn't know you're gay?" Dove asks gently.

"I'm not gay" Bright says, "I mean I don't know.. I'm not into men, which is why it's even harder to explain. Win is so far the only man for me."

And then, his lips crook into a small smile as he remembers the first time he noticed the boy at uni.

His first lecture in Win's class. Win's eyes wide blown and mouth agape, as if he had seen a ghost. It was only later Bright learned that it was Win's falling in love at first sight face. Bright had that effect on Win since his day one.

"Actually, he's the only one for me" Bright mumbles, looking into space, "I am afraid if mom or anyone will find out, they'd not understand that Win is not an experiment for me, nor he's just a phase I'm in. I don't want anybody to think he's anything less than my lifeline."

He smiles bitterly, "I am not afraid of  fighting for Win. I'm afraid that the two most important people in my life will end up disliking each other."

"What if your mom already knows and she's just waiting for you to tell her everything?" Dove asks, after a minute. 

Bright frowns, "huh?"

She shrugs, "you said you're serious about him. So go and talk to your mom, you can't avoid it forever, can you?"

Bright purses his lips before shaking his head in disproval.

"Well, the way your eyes beam with happiness by just talking about him, I am sure anyone, even your mom will know that you're completely smitten by that boy."

Bright scratches his nape, blushing. He's been told that by Mike a lot.

Dove smiles, reaching out for his hand.

"If you love him that much, what are you doing here when it's such a special day for him?"

Bright's eyes sparkle and he nods, getting up impatiently.

"Uhm-"

"Don't worry I'll make some excuse to my mom. Now, go get your boy."

Bright thanks her politely before storming out of the café.