three.

chapter two

chapter two.
❝ There are much more important qualities to have than a docile disposition. ❞
【 C.J. Redwine, Defiance 】

It hadn't taken long for Mal to reach Los Angeles and learn her new plans

It hadn't taken long for Mal to reach Los Angeles and learn her new plans. She had gotten some sleep before preparing to learn how to street race. Though, she already knew how. She had done quite a lot she shouldn't do; for a cop that is.

It seemed Strauss pulled some strings because she kept the girl going with her favorite type of cars, muscle cars. She had been given a modified 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird and she was living for it.

"Brian O'Conner," The male with curly blonde hair held out his hand as he stood up from leaning against his car, "It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Mal Reid," She shook his hand before finally pulling it back, "Or Mal Cruise as we must go by."

"Ready to learn how to drive these things?" Brian questioned as he held up the keys.

"I already know how, so, the question of the moment is, are you?" Mal raised an eyebrow with a slight smirk.

Mal had taken her keys and entered her vehicle. Ignoring the look she received from Brian as he entered his green eclipse spec. Mal turned the keys in her ignition before revving up her engine. Looking over at Brian as he mimicked her actions.

The two began to race around the roadway. The quick movements of the gears and push of the pedals as their speed inclined. A grin daunting Mal's lips as she began to drift at one of the curbs before gaining even more speed as she quickly moved the stick.

She looked through her mirror as she watched Brian try to mimic her turn. She watched as he failed and began to spin before slamming on his breaks in an intent to stop. The girl whisked her vehicle around and met up with Brian.

"I think that's enough, we best get goin' round," Mal yelled over to him.

Brian didn't seem happy with that answer but he knew it was time to call it quits.

Then three weeks passed. Brian had started working over at Harry's garage, visiting Toretto's every day while Mal often hitched a ride with him to Toretto's so she could start a behavioral profile, sometimes knit-picking around to find anything that could be used against them.