eight.

chapter eight

chapter eight.
❝ Man cannot be freed by the same injustice that enslaved it. ❞

【 Pierce Brown, Red Rising 】

It had been a few days since the whole movie night with the Toretto gang, and the dust for the most part had seemed to settle

It had been a few days since the whole movie night with the Toretto gang, and the dust for the most part had seemed to settle. Mal had gone home with Brian, the man clearly having a different out look on life in general once he had got back into the car.

He had even apologized to Mal for how he had acted. Which was an unusual thing from what Mallory had noticed from Brian. Though, she had noticed how he always made sure that the women didn't always have the work load.

It was late at night when Mallory received a call. Turning over in her bed, she grumbled hoping that the ringing would die down on its own. Though, once the ring had finished it just started up again. It infuriated the woman but she finally sat herself up and answered the call.

"What?" She asked harshly.

"I thought I'd just call and check in..." Oh, it was Spencer.

Guilt washed through the woman and she sighed, "Hey. Sorry, it's just been a weird few days, Spence."

"It's okay! If you don't want to talk now you can talk to me another time. Goodnight."

"No, wait," Mallory quickly got out, "You can talk. Things are something here to say the least."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Spencer asked, she could hear how eager he was to know by his tone.

"For cautionary reasons, I can't," She responded.

"Oh. Well, how are you doing?"

"Stressed. Brian and I are butting heads and he doesn't get my reasoning behind my decisions for this operation," Mallory explained hoping that her brother would catch onto what she meant.

"Maybe try to reason with him. Sit down and have a chat."

"Me? Be a resonator?" Mal laughed, "You act as if I am not temperamental."