one.

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
 ❝ The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment. ❞
【 Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment 】

 ❞【 Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment 】

The smell of coffee filled the air. The constant buzzing of phones pricked the girl's attention every few seconds before her attention shifted back to the case images in front of her. Various images of the ground and small fragments of what had once been a bomb.

Mal looked over the images of the case as she sat with members of her department. A new case had just came in and someone had begun sending bombs out causing in a lot of damage to the surrounding neighborhoods and the families of those who had received a bomb.

"Pipe bombs," Gideon decided as he placed an image down in front of Spencer.

"Packed in cardboard boxes," Derek added as he tossed yet another picture down.

Mal tucked back some of her brown curls behind her ear. She sorted through the pictures as the men dropped them, giving them a slight glare due to the mess that they had been creating.

"Package bombs," Hotch spoke as he leaned against the back of the girl's seat.

"Sent through the mail?" Gideon questioned as he began looking through the images in his hands as he walked around.

"If he had sent them through the mail, a lot more people would be suffering severe burns or fatality at this moment," Mal piped up as she thought logically, if a bomb had been sent through the mail, then there was a huge probability that the mailman would've had an unpleasant surprise.

"Mal's right. No, they weren't sent through the mail. The other picture in your hand is of the switch that ATF found. The same mechanism for both bombs," Derek continued as he pointed, "Mercury activated."

"What does that mean?" Elle asked.

"There are contacts to a detonator," Spencer began to speak while urging his sister to continue his train of thought.

"On either end of a bent tube full of mercury," Mal continued alongside her brother as she gave him a nod.

"What it means is all you have to do is tilt the package to detonate it," Derek demonstrated this movement in his hands.