two.

chapter two

chapter two.
No amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good. I didn't even know what was going on inside of me, so how could I have explained it to them? ❞
【 Sierra D. Waters, Debbie 】

Mal stood listening to JJ give the press conference for the news

Mal stood listening to JJ give the press conference for the news. The woman standing quietly with her eyes peeled on the crowd. Watching as JJ finished the conference before making her way out the door. Mal followed not so far after her as the cameras flashed in her eyes.

Though, things quickly went south. A mother had called in that she had received one of these packages and her daughter had mistakenly picked it up thinking that it was merely a present that the mailman had left behind.

Mal entered one of the black SUVs that the agents often used as transportation on the field. Following after the other detectives and the bomb squad that was prepared to help remove the bomb from the child.

"Look, the first thing we've got to do is get the mother out of there," Hotch ordered as he moved alongside the woman.

"Okay."

"Got it."

"No, nobody over there. I don't want to scare the little girl," Hotch spoke as he held his phone close to his ear, backing away from the scene.

"If the girl twitches even a little, it could set that thing off," Mal watched as the other law enforcement finally reached the mother and daughter while holding a table that would slowly get taller to the girl's level.

Everyone watched in shock as the anticipation of the moment built up. Mal could only register the movement of the mother and daughter's lips as the small table slowly lifted upwards before finally catching the brown box.

No explosion happened. Which was the best-case scenario.

Mal sighed in relief before following her boss back into a vehicle while the package was taken somewhere safe to be examined. She felt bad for the little girl who had to hold the box, she knew that she must've been freaked out by this event.

After arriving back at the station, Mal followed Hotch through the rows of cops and detectives to figure out something from Elle. Maybe she had a lead. Maybe she had some sort of ground-breaking information. Or maybe she didn't.