nine.

chapter nine

chapter nine.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

【 Albert Einstein 】

Night had settled over Los Angeles

Night had settled over Los Angeles. Brian had left to take Mia on their date leaving Mallory alone in her apartment after leaving Dom a few hours prior. The woman had decided against staying in, wanting to go see the stars while possibly talking to her brother and she knew where a payphone and a park resided within the same area so the idea was perfect.

She had changed out of her previous clothing. Instead, she wore a pair of distressed shorts with a black tube top and a navy flannel. Her hair was thrown into a messy bun, clearly not one that she had spent much time on and her feet were covered by a pair of old vans she had.

She grabbed her keys and headed out the door. A few pieces of her hair slipped from her braid but she didn't seem to mind much. Though the agent in her was fully aware of her surroundings and she did have a gun tucked away in her jeans.

It was a cautionary tale and Mal couldn't help but run the statistics through her head of homicide and rape rates. Not that she had anything to worry about, well at the moment, she knew that everything would be fine.

Mal's ride to the Elysian Park was a perfectly calm one. She didn't have to worry about anyone around her and she was excited. Elysian Park was one of Los Angeles's oldest parks, being founded in 1886. Speaking of Elysian, the adjective elysian describes a blissful state. The word elysian comes from the idyllic Greek mythological place called Elysian Fields.

The woman found herself wandering the park while looking up at the sky. A slight smile on her face at the sight of the stars that shined down. The sky was beautiful. Looking at the night sky had been something that Mal often had done after her mother's breakdowns.

Her mother. Diana Reid, the ex-wife of William Reid. She still lived in their hometown, Los Vegas. Though not in a house but in the Bennington Sanitarium getting help with her schizophrenia. She had gotten worse over the years with her schizophrenic breaks but she had always remembered who Spencer and Mallory were.