five.

chapter five

chapter five.
 ❝ Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend. ❞
【 Albert Camus 】

During her time at the party, Mal had spent most of her time to herself

During her time at the party, Mal had spent most of her time to herself. A beer in hand while Letty laid on the floor near where the girl sat, making sure that she stayed. Mal could tell that Letty liked her but she could also tell that she had a bit of restraint with her. Did she have a clue why? Yes. Did she think it was because of something with Dominic? Also a yes.

But part of her also felt something more. Something she refused to admit and she decided was just something that someone threw at her to get her out of her job. And as much as she wanted out of her job, she couldn't just give it up for a criminal.

She watched as the door opened and Brain entered after he trailed behind Dominic. Dom looked around the room and Mal sat up a little straighter while Letty rose up. Dom stepped over them paying no mind as he made his way to Leon.

"Hey Dom, yo man, we were just about to go out lookin' for you, brother," Leon had a beer in his hand and a girl on his lap.

Dom harshly smacked his beer out of his hands before walking into the other room, the room where Vince happened to be standing.

"Where were you?" Dom asked him harshly, while Mallory followed after him.

"There were mass cops there. They came from every direction. That shit was orchestrated," Vince spoke clearly annoyed.

"This your beer?" Dominic questioned.

"Yeah, that's my beer," Vince answered while Dom grabbed it.

He walked over to the door and pointed at Jesse, "Yo Einstein, take it upstairs. You can't detail a car with a cover on." He walked away from the door, "He can't even get that right."

"You all right?" Letty asked while leaning against a door.

"Am I alright?" Dom questioned as he tilted his head.

"It was just a question," Letty spoke with ease.

Mallory moved to stand beside Brian while she turned to hear, "Yo Dom! Why'd you bring the buster here?"