chapter 1

You silently watch the screen in front of you. The small draft creeping through the window tickling at your skin every now and then.

Your name is y/n, l/n. You are currently 16, and working a part-time job at Subway.

You lay lazily on your back, head propped against your pillow with your laptop sitting in place on top of your belly.

Right now, you're watching one of your favorite YouTubers play a rather new horror game that's getting all the hype right now. Edits, fanart, and even fanfiction have already been made. However, you can clearly see why.

'Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach', the game was called. It was really well made, and you already loved it. You were always a fan of FNAF since you were just a small child. Perhaps it affected your growth quite a bit, and maybe even some other fandoms you took interest in as you grew.

Anyway, you re-watch the video one more time before calling it a night and closing your laptop. You lean over the edge of your bed and slip the laptop onto the floor, sliding it under your bed with your index and middle finger.

You tuck yourself under the comfortable cover of your blanket and try to find a cozy position on your pillow before dozing off.

'goodnight, world.'

{ time skip, brought to you by "fr e sh avoca d o" flavoured nuka-cola }

You wake to the sound of heavy rain hitting the solid surfaces outside of your window and tapping at the glass.

"Rain..? At this time of the year?" You groggily asked yourself, squinting your eyes as you look outside at the cloudy skies. It was pouring with rain outside, but the sky was still a beautiful greyish-white. It seems as though the rain will go away soon.

You let out a big yawn into the palm of your hand. Sluggishly, you slump out of bed and walk out of your room to get yourself washed up.

After doing your morning routine of brushing your teeth, going for a refreshing shower and what-not, you head back to your room.

"Hm, seems like the rain finally settled down." you mumbled to yourself as you snatched your shoes from underneath your bed. Slipping your footwear on, you take your phone off of your charger and tuck it into your jacket pocket.

You take one last look at yourself in the mirror to ponder over your appearance before giving yourself a confident nod and heading downstairs.

"Mum! I'm heading out!" You call out. Your mother wishes you a safe journey and you grab the umbrella, opening the door to leave.

That is until...

"Y/n! Oi!" A voice calls out to you, making you groan in annoyance. You turn around to face your brother, impatiently tapping your foot against the ground.

"Get me some noodles on the way back. I'll pay you for it and add extra tax for going all that way for me." he says with a goofy smile and a thumbs up.

You roll your eyes and let out a soft, 'whatever', before turning back around and heading out the door.

"Dick. She's always so moody."

.

.

.

You hum to yourself as you walk through the town-square, carrying a paper bag with food(including your brother's noodles) in your arm.

Feeling a few gentle drops of water tap at your skin, you look up at the sky to see the clouds beginning to crowd together again.

"Gosh, the weather is so confusing today. Isn't it supposed to be the middle of summer?" You say to yourself, feeling the rain get more aggressive. You open your one-person umbrella and hold it over your head to shield you from the rain.

"I wonder what we should have for dinner today-" you're suddenly cut off as you feel someone crash directly into you. Your groceries scatter to the ground, along with yourself and the umbrella. You grab your head and try to shake yourself from your daze, cursing at your low iron deficiency.

"Hey, you jerk! Watch where you're-" you try to shout as you turn to face the guy who crashed into you.

"Get the fuck out of the way!" He yells, pushing you to the side and sprinting off.

As if instinctively, you try to grip your wallet as you angrily watch the guy run off, gritting your teeth.

A sudden realization hits you as your hands hastily pat at the pockets of your jacket. You quickly snatch the paper bag and search the inside of it. But to no avail, it's not there.

Retracing the events that had just happened, you recall seeing the guy tuck something under his sleeve when you saw him dash off earlier. That dirty thing stole your wallet!

"That punk!" You curse out loud, standing yourself up and sprinting after the jerk who crashed into you.

~~~
{825 words}