chapter 6

A/n: h/c = hair color.
Decided to post this late at night cuz I have to go somewhere tomorrow and dunno when i'll be back. But anyway, updates are gonna be slower from now on since I'm busy—! love you guys. <3

~~~

[ extra ]

"Y/n.. wake up sweetheart." You feel a warm hand press gently against your cheek, hearing the soft voice of your mother call out to you. Your eyes flutter open to the sight of a beautiful woman sitting on the edge of your bed.

"Mom..? Mom, is that you?" Your voice cracks as you reach your hand out to her. She gently clasps her hands around yours as tears begin to form in your eyes.

"Yes, my dear. I'm right here."

"Mom, I'm scared.. I want to go home." You choke out, lightly squeezing her hand. She only nods, leaning in to place a gentle kiss your forehead.

"Stay strong, my baby.." you see your mother begin to slowly disappear in front of you. You quickly sit up and desperately grab at the air, trying to make her stay. But to your misfortune, it ends in no avail, leaving you to sit alone in your empty bed from your past life.

You choke back on sobs, crying for your family and friends from your past life.

"Mom, come back—.. don't leave me here.. please..!"

.

.

.

You look up at the castle stage built in the wall, expecting Sunny to pop out like he did in the game. When he doesn't, you simply shrug, marching forward to find a way out of the pool. The props and decorations left you in awe, just like every part of the complex you've explored so far. It was all so new to you.

You already loved how stunning everything looked in the game. But seeing it with your own two eyes up close? It's like a dream.

You look at the pink bridge and walk towards it, taking out a small slip of paper and a pen from your pocket. You stop in the middle of the ball pit for a second, looking over the paper and the instructions labeled on it.

"Right, so I just need to make sure everything is in order and then check these boxes when I'm done. Easy enough." You lift your head to look forward, startled at the smiling face in front of you. You throw your pen at him and stagger back in fright. "Gah—! Shit!"

"Oh, no! No! Such profanity isn't allowed in the daycare! What if a child were to hear you?" The robot grabs you by the waist and helps you stand straight, before grabbing your pen and handing it to you. Which you're quick to snatch back. He picks you up, carrying you out of the ball pit as he rambles on about slumber parties and such.

"Right, right. You can put me down now, since I have to finish inspecting the place before it hits 3am." You say, and he obediently puts you down. Sure, it's true that you thought he was fun and kind of wanted to talk to him. But you just wanted to get this over and done with, because you didn't like the risk of getting hurt if his split personality were to play up. You were also in a bit of a grumpy mood these days because of these certain dreams you've been having lately. But that's a topic for another day.

The attendant stands in place, twiddling with his fingers while he watches you walk around. He looked like child who just got scolded by his teacher. Maybe you were a little harsh on him earlier.

Anyway, you check on the playground and the rest of the daycare to make sure everything is in place and orderly. When you pointed out a couple of toppled cans that were meant to be stacked, you noticed how startled he looked. Rushing over immediately to clean up. He rambled on about how clumsy he was for not cleaning up, and apologized a lot. You didn't get what the big deal was, but remembered how much of a clean freak he was in the game. You didn't notice it then, but seeing it now, you can notice how genuinely scared he was behind that permanent smile of his as he hung his head in shame. Feeling bad, you sigh, patting him reassuringly on the shoulder.

"Alright, let's make a deal." He snaps his head to look at you, interested in what you had to say. "I won't mention this to the 'big boss', so long as you pay more attention to tidying up in the future. Deal?"

The animatronic looked a little startled at first, but nodded.

"It's a deal! It's a deal! I won't make a mistake like this again—" he hastily said in a rather energetic tone, holding out his pinky finger. You tap your small pinky with his, a small smile creeping at your lips.

Imagine being a daycare attendant for children, but having a phobia of clutter. Just who built him be like this. Poor guy.

.

.

.

"Alright. This is about it. All I need to do is.. uhm," you skim through the paper, eyes widening a little at the last task. Why did you have to do this now? Seriously, it's like your manager is trying to kill you.

'Monitor the Moondrop daycare attendant's behavior.'

Sunny creeps over your shoulder, looking at the page in front of you. His eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"No, no! You don't want to do that. you don't, you don't! Not allowed!" Sunny backs away and shakes his head, holding his hands out in front of his chest, as if to ward you off.

"Sun—, sunny. It's fine. If you're uncomfortable with it, I won't ask you to." You reassuringly grab one of his large hands with both of yours, making the attendant go silent. Although you made it seem like you were being thoughtful of his feelings, you were mainly just too terrified of what would happen if he were to drag out Moon.

"Oh, y/n! You're so kind, so kind.. One day, we should have a slumber party! And maybe you could help me entertain the kids with a grand puppet show! I'll even buy you a fizzy-faz!" He energetically rambles on, subconciously making you smile at how fun he was. You cross out the last task on your paper and let your mind wander. You sigh, running a hand through your shining, h/c hair. Noticing this, the dancing animatronic stops talking, looking at you in concern.

"Is there anything wrong, friend?" Sun chirps, making you look at him.

"Ah.. no. I'm just very tired today. I have to get going, so I'll see you next time." You say, waving goodbye before you leave to exit through the doors. He waves you off, doing his dorky little dance thing.

~~~
[ unedited ]