chapter 1.5

Your footsteps clack hard against the concrete floor as you try your hardest to catch up to the thief, barely losing him in the tight crowd.

Your converses weren't very convenient for running, given the weather and how slippery the ground was. If you knew this would happen, you would have just stayed home and watched the newest Security Breach video posted this morning!

With many shoves and apologies, you briefly see the hooded figure turn a corner. Your eyebrows narrow together and you take a deep breath.

"Hey! Wait!" You shout, shoving and struggling through the crowd to get to where you needed to be. You take a sharp turn to the left, finding yourself in a narrow alleyway and out of the suffocating crowd of people.

Quickly taking the time to catch your breath, you continue forward in search of the hooded thief. You'd be lying if you said that the slowly growing darkness didn't scare you.

It seemed as though you were trapped in an alleyway between two large buildings, so the light was rather dim.

You barely see in front of you that you're approaching a corner and nervously grip at the hem of your jacket. A sudden gut feeling screaming and tearing at your stomach to turn around. But you didn't want to give up that easily. Taking a deep breath, you continue walking forward.

"Augh-!" You stop in your tracks with a deathly chill crawling up your spine. Instinctively, you hide behind the corner, peeking ever so slightly at where the noise came from.

The sight was blurry, but you could faintly see flashes of..

Colors? Blue, red, and.. sparks?

Just then, an ear piercing scream rung through the eerily thick air. You gulp, peeking a little more to see a rabbit-like figure towering over a gorey, sick scene. It was mortifying.

The strong stench of blood that made your nose itch in an uncomfortable, stinging way. The air that was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. And the fact that whatever the hell that thing is, and whatever happened to that guy. You could be next.

Just then, you and the dark figure meet eyes. panic and fear overwhelms all of your senses, making your body freeze in place.

You felt like throwing up on the spot. The fear of death hitting you like a train. The scene of splattered blood replays in your mind on repeat, making you fear for the worst.

Will I end up like that.. ?

Your mind is filled with regrets, and you curse yourself to start moving. To run. To do anything! But your body doesn't comply.

Suddenly, you feel your chest get heavier. You breathing hitches, and you could hear the quick, loud beating of your heart get stuck in your throat. You felt like your ears were going to burst.

You knew for absolute certain that...

It was right behind you.

.

.

.

Your eyes dart open and you quickly sit up, covered in cold sweat. A massive headache suddenly pounds at your brain like a hammer, making you grip your head with your hands.

You tsk in pain, and wait for the headache to subside a bit.

When your head is a little more calm, you take your time to look around you. You were so sure that you'd died. Or maybe it was a nightmare?

"Where am I..?" You croak out, completely bewildered with your situation. This room wasn't in any way familiar to you, and thinking about the possibility that you'd been kidnapped made your head ache even more.

Just then, the growing sound of footsteps catch your attention. You quickly lay yourself down, pretending to be asleep. However, moving your head so fast wasn't a great idea, as it only made your head pound with pain once again.

"Why did we have to pick up some random stranger on the streets, anyway?" The sound of a young boy caught your attention. He sounded like a brat.

"Gregory, don't speak like that. Besides, she was in terrible shape. How could I just leave her like that?" This time, it sounded like a female. Probably in her mid-thirties.

"But, she's been asleep for 5 days now! Are you sure she's not dead?"

"Gregory!" The woman gasped.

The two converse with each other until one of them leaves. You feel something warm and wet, like a cloth touch your arm, making the area sting. You hiss through your teeth and shoot up, gripping at the stranger's wrist so hard that your nails dig into their skin. Not enough for it to bleed, but enough for it to hurt.

She flinches, and you see her drop the cloth. Fighting through your headache, you slam the woman against the bed, restraining her arm behind her back.

"Where am I? What did you do to me!" You growled in a demanding tone, your body feeling painfully weaker than usual.

"Wait, wait! I'll explain everything, just-" the woman squints in pain as you press down on her arm.

"Then start talking."

~~~
[ unedited ]