MEANT TO BE

The next morning I woke up and no one was home

The next morning I woke up and no one was home. I looked out the window and saw the crew was by the dock out front. I put some slippers on and walked out front in my shorts and sports bra.

I made my way down the dock and caught JJ and Pope's attention.

"Well hello gorgeous." JJ winked at me.

"Morning." I yawned.

"Dude it's like 2pm. It's way past morning." Pope checked his watch. "Where were you last night?"

"Um, I had plans with a friend." I crossed my arms and leaned against the dock.

"What kind of friend?" JJ tried to get more out of me.

"Just a friend. Don't worry about it, probably won't be seeing them again." I flashed back to last night.

"Hm, so it was a boy. Do i know him?" JJ squinted his eyes at me.

"J drop it. It's just a friend." I ended the conversation. "Where's my brother?"

"In there." JJ pointed at the water.

I peaked over the dock railing as my brother and Kie resurfaced from the water.

"Ahh there's my lovely sister! She finally remembers where her home is!" John B laughed while treading water."where did you wonder off to last night?"

"Don't even try to ask JB. I already tried." JJ rolled his eyes.

"Jo, don't forget I have eyes on the island everywhere." John B smirked. "Anyway, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope reminded the group.

Unfortunately the plan the boys had wasn't gonna work under the weather circumstances so we had to save it for another day.

Later that afternoon my boss called me into work. Since we weren't doing anything else I agreed to go in. I arrived at work with my hair in a messy bun and bags under my eyes and started waiting tables and wipingthings down.

"Yeah we got reservations for Cameron." I heard a familiar off in the distance as I cleaned a countertop. "Hey bro, give me one sec."

I kept my gaze on the table as I sensed someone walking up behind me. "Hey Routledge, how are you?"

"I'm fine but i'm busy right now so could you go away?" I looked up at him as he stood behind me following me as I moved to clean a different table.