2 SIDED

I was at a loss for words

I was at a loss for words. I knew that if he was after John B I needed to step in. Rafe would never hurt me.

John B rushed to Peterkin as she started coughing. Rafe held the gun pointed at John B.

"Hey!" Rafe yelled as John B grabbed the walkie talkie.

"Rafe stop! Please don't hurt him. Please, just look at me!" I screamed as a tear rolled down my cheek and stood in front of my brother.

"Don't try it, asshole." Rafe spoke through gritted teeth.

"Rafe please..." I begged him. Thankfully Ward stepped in. He reassured him that John B wouldn't do anything to him.

"Hey, where are you going?" Rafe screamed at him as he took off through the field leaving Sarah and I behind. Rafe shot but I knew he missed John B.

I had never seen a side like this of Rafe before. I was in awe of his actions.

"Jo, I was just trying to save my dad. You have to believe me." He reached for my hand.

I yanked my arm away from him. "Just-stay away from me!" Ward turned his head and made eye contact with me. I think he was able to put two and two together and realize there was something between Rafe and I.

"Sarah, I need you to- I need you to get up." Ward crouched down beside Sarah who was applying pressure to Peterkin.

"No! She is dying!" Sarah cried. "What is wrong with you?"

He walked over to Rafe, grabbing him by his shoulders. "Take your sister home, okay? Get her home." Ward looked at me. "Take her with you."

"What? No! I'm not going with him!" I shook my head and looked at Ward.

"Josephine, Sweetie I don't wanna hurt you okay? Just go with Rafe, please." He breathed heavily.

Rafe quickly grabbed Sarah as she refused and fought back. Rafe shoved Sarah into the truck. He locked the doors as he came running for me as I sat beside Peterkin.

"I'm so sorry! Thank you...for everything. You're gonna be okay." I cried as I held her hand.

"Let's go Jo....now!" Rafe yelled at me as I jumped.

"Rafe, do NOT touch me." I turned my head to look at him.

"Josie get the hell up." He argued back.