CAUGHT

The next morning I became aware of "the plan" that my brother had come up with to reunite Sarah and Kie

"Do you really think this is gonna work?" I asked JJ who was disconnecting a piece that could easily be fixed later and my brother who sat watching.

He paused. "Uh...not sure, but it's worth a shot. I'm just doing it for John B."

"Thanks J. It's a 50/50 shot Jo. They were best friends before, there's a possibility they'll be friends again." My brother added.

"Oh! I hear a boat coming!" I shouted as I peeked out the window.

Kie stepped onto the boat. "What happened?"

"The alternator's, um, not alternating anymore." JJ stuttered.

"Did you check the plugs?" Kie asked as she crouched down.

"No. No, you should check em'." JJ suggested as the two boys stppd up quickly.

Kie took the tool and took a lot at the alternator. "Uh...is this a joke? There are no plugs, like, at all."

"Uhhh...maybe it was just a-Kie wait!" I yelled as she took off running once she heard a splash.

"John B, let me out! John B!" Sarah screamed who was stuck in a cubby.

I stood behind Kie as she pushed the board which revealed Sarah below her. "What? Wait." Sarah glarred at Kie.

Kie and Sarah ran to the front of the boat. I jumped off and started swimming away towards the boys boat.

"Seriously Jo?! I hate you! I hope you get stung by the jellies!" Kie yelled from the boat as she saw me swimming.

JJ pulled me up onto the boat as we started making our way back home. The boys and I sat around at the chateau. I laid outside on the hammock just rocking back and forth.

The boys joined me as they pulled up chairs from the lawn. JJ handed me a beer as I laid in the hanmock.

"How come you didn't have to stay?" Pope asked me.

"Because Pope, I can be civil and accept my brother's happiness." I raised my beer at him.

"Exactly, but just so we're clear, she's the inly Cameron that needs to be involved in Pogue stuff." My brother eyed me.

"So please for the love of all things holy Jo, stay away from Rafe, he's dangerous." Pope begged me.

"Relax boys. Let's just focus on John B and Sarah. How do you think it's going with Kie?" I asked the boys.