NOT GOODBYE

"Guys? Hello?" I ran inside the wreck hoping JJ,Kie, and Pope would be inside

"Josie?" Kie looked at me confused.

"JJ..." I looked at him as the tears swelled in my eyes. I quickly ran to him as be hugged me. JJ was just another brother to me, he was my comfort place when John B wasn't around.

"Hey, hey whats wrong?" JJ hugged me as he stood up from leaning against a door frame.

"Him and Sarah ran off. Topper distracted them so they could run but...what if I never see him again?" I cried as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Jo, he'll be okay. There's nothing a Routledge can't get out of." JJ reassured me.

Kie walked up to us and rubbed my back. I pulled away from JJ's hug as I looked around the building. "Where's Pope?"

"We're meeting him at the dock at 3." She sighed. I nodded.

I sat outside on the deck of the wreck patio and watched as the helicopter flew around. The sirens blared as loud as they could around the island. It was like we were on lockdown.

"Hey, you okay?" Kie walked outside.

I shook my head slowly. "No. If I would've known this is how summer would go, I would have never gone to that stupid party."

"What party? Wait you went to Toppers party for Rafe?" Kie was shocked.

"Yeah. Remember when my boss asked me about a tip? Rafe was at the country club and tipped me an extra 20. After that we started sneaking around and then when we were living with them Rafe and I were inseparable. Yes he fucked up but I promise he did it for a reason. I know he has some good in him." I looked at Kie who stood with her arms crossed.

She sighed and sat beside me. "Sometimes love can make people crazy and sometimes we even do crazy things for the people we love but Jo he's dangerous."

"I know but he needs me." I nodded. Maybe I was crazy for believing Rafe could be good but we're all a little crazy.

Kie and I walked back inside to JJ gathering food for John B and Sarah.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" Kie asked JJ. He shrugged.

We grabbed the boxes and headed to Kie's car.

"Where've you been?" Kie's mom walked up to her. JJ and I stopped and looked at each other.

"I slept here." Kie gestured to the wreck.