chapter fourteen

"The red skirt is not working." Lorelai complained.

"Try the blue." Camille suggested.

"Blue let me down ten minutes ago, I think it's conspiring with the red." Lorelai made up theories.

"I wish you'd just wear the dress we picked out this morning." Rory told her.

"No, you know as well as I do, the morning butt and evening butt are two completely different butts." Lorelai criticised Rory's statement.

"Well, whatever butt you've got tonight had better hurry because he's gonna be here any minute." Camille called.

Rats. Fine, okay, striped skirt, burgundy sweater, that's it." Lorelai walked out of the closet. "What do you think? And remember, I'm wearing this no matter what because I cannot spend one more second deciding what to wear, so the answer has to be, 'You look fantastic'."

"You look fantastic." Camille smiled.

"Pink and black." Lorelai grabbed a shirt from her bed.

"With a flippy skirt." Rory suggested.

"Grab a necklace?" Camille asked.

Lorelai went back into the closet to get changed again.

"Um, okay, here is my concern." Lorelai mumbled.

"I have to go." Camille informed her. "Rory will help you."

***
"i'll pick you up tomorrow at six." Jess told his girlfriend.

"okay." Camille replied.

Her head was in Jess's lap as they sat by the lake.

"should i wear my pink or blue dress?" she asked.

"umm I like the pink one." Jess answered.

"i'll wear it then." Camille smiled.

She sat up and faced her boyfriend. Jess marvelled at her as her face was illuminated in the moonlight. The way the light made her blonde hair glow mesmerised him.

"can I kiss you?" Jess blurted out.

Camille giggled, that just made Jess want to kiss her more.

"since when did you feel the need to ask?" she questioned.

"I don't know." Jess answered. "I just really want to kiss you right now."

Camille moved closed to Jess. Their faces were inches away. Jess was about to close the space when Camille's phone rang. The blonde smiled as she stood up and answered it.

"Camille." Rory's voice crackled on the other side.

"Hi Rory." Camille smiled.

"I'm going to be going out with Dean so when you get back you'll be alone." Rory informed her.

"Okay." Camille replied. "Have a nice time, bye."

Camille sat back down, Jess was drinking from a bottle. Camille rolled her eyes.

"Where did you get that?" She inquired.

She was sure that if Taylor found out that Jess was underage drinking.

"I stole it from Luke." Jess shrugged.

"Luke keeps alcohol?" Camille questioned.

"Not a lot." Jess told her as he took another swig.

Camille just looked at him like she was a deer in headlights.

"What, do you want some?" Jess joked, knowing that she wouldn't take his offer.

"We could get in so much trouble." Camille reminded him.

She hesitated for a moment before saying something that she didn't think she would.

"Pass me the bottle then."