chapter seventeen

Camille walked through the front door at seven oh one in the morning. She had spent the whole night in the Ballet studio and only had fifty minute of sleep.

"Make your own seashell candles." She heard Rory.

"Aw, not fair." Lorelai pouted.

"The place smelled like melted crayons for three weeks." Camille yawned, she had no idea what they were talking about but she chipped in with the conversation anyway.

"This is different." Lorelai glared. "And where have you been all night?"

"I was at the Ballet studio practicing." the blonde informed the woman.

"All night?" Lorelai questioned.

"My audition is in three months, I need to practice all the time." Camille shrugged.

"You need to take a break too, hun." Lorelai instructed her.

"I will." Camille sighed. "what's the project?"

"This is a pile of every catalog we have received for the last three months." Lorelai swiftly moved on.

"Okay." Camille nodded.

"I have gathered them all together, and I will now proceed to call all the companies that are sending us duplicates and tell them to stop." Lorelai told them.

"That's very environmental of you." Rory commented.

"It's getting ridiculous. We get, like, eight of some of these." Camille stated as she looked through the pile.

"You're kidding." Rory replied.

Lorelai listed all the names that she received magazines under. Camille zone out from the conversation and poured out some coffee.

***

Rory was studying on the sofa and Camille was practicing Ballet positions i. the middle of the living room.

"Hello." Lorelai called.

"we're in here." Rory replied.

"Wow, you beat me home by two minutes and your nose is already in the books and your doing Ballet." Lorelai joked amazement.

"I can go from zero to studying in less than sixty seconds." Rory informed her mother.

"I got changed as soon as we got in and started Ballet." Camille added to the conversation.

"Very impressive." Lorelai nodded. "Mail call."

Lorelai handed the two girls an envelope.

"What's this?" Rory asked.

"Mortgage payment." Lorelai answered sarcastically. "You mind picking it up this month sweeties babies, cookies,honey's ?"

"No, not at all." Camille rolled her eyes.

"They're just something addressed to you." Lorelai shrugged.

The two girls opened the envelopes at the same time.

"It's an invitation." Camille realised.

"Hm." Lorelai looked at them.

"Oh." Rory mumbled.

"An invitation to what?" The woman questioned. "Oh, is it the White House again? Those boys never give up."

"It's to Sherry's baby shower." Camille announced.

"Who?" Lorelai inquired.

"Sherry. Sherry Tinsdale. Dad's Sherry." Rory reminded her.

"You're kidding." Lorelai looked shocked.

"It's at her and Dad's house on Sunday." Rory read.

"How come i'm invited?" Camille asked. "I get Rory, she's gonna be the baby's half sister but me, i'm nothing more than the older sisters friend."