chapter fifteen

Camille kissed Jess passionately. She tangled her fingers in his curls and pressed her body against his. Jess had his hands around her waist, pulling her closer. Camille took one hand away from Jess's head to lock her bedroom door.

"what about when Rory and Lorelai get home?" Jess asked.

"I'll put a note on the door saying that i'm ill and not to disturb me because i'm sleeping." Camille mumbled.

She guided Jess to her bed and sat down. The two of them were drunk, they shared two bottles of vodka. Camille didn't think that Luke would be the person to drink it so God knows how old it was.

Camille laid down as Jess continued to kiss her. He left a trail of kisses from her lips to her jawline to her collarbone.

The two made eye contact. This was the first big step in their relationship and it was under the influence of alcohol. They would regret it later.

"are you ready?" Jess asked.

"yes." Camille whispered.

***

The next morning, Camille woke up with a headache. She wiped her eyes as she tried to recall the events that happened last night.

She looked around her room. It looked the same apart from the clothes that lay discarded on the floor and the boy that slept next to her. Camille felt a pit form in her stomach. She can't remember what happened but she knew  that Lorelai would be furious or disappointed, maybe even both.

"Jess." She whispered.

She nudged the boy that was next to her.

"Jess, you have to get up." She whispered a bit louder.

Camille looked at the clock on her bedside table.

7:32am

Lorelai and Rory would definitely still be asleep.

Jess moved a little before waking up. He sat up.

"what time is it?" he questioned.

"seven thirty two." Camille replied.

"I was supposed to start work half an hour ago." Jess recalled. "Luke's going to be furious."

"we need to sneak you out before Lorelai wakes up." Camille told him.

"i'll tip toe downstairs and go out the back door." Jess shrugged.

"you might want to get dressed before you do that." Camille's gaze landed on the clothes, Jess's eye line followed.

"oh yeah." Jess laughed weakly. "umm you go back to sleep, don't worry about me."

"okay." Camille offered Jess a small smile.

"we'll talk later." Jess suggested as he got his clothes on.

"I think that's a good plan." Camille agreed.

"bye." Jess left the bedroom.