The Moment

You wince as you pull your top up over your head. You catch a glimpse in the mirror of the large bruise forming across your ribs where Vi hit you. Your mouth occupied with the aftertaste of blood, your cheek sore with an invisible bruise.

You turn the shower on for the second time today, to wash the blood and sweat off your body. You scrub yourself thoroughly, washing away any ounce of left over frustration or anger. The latter harder to push down the drain.

You open your mouth under the stream, allowing water to enter so you can wash it around to get any excess blood out.

You turn the water off, wrapping a towel around yourself then using another to dry your hair. Though the shower washed away some of your thoughts, others decide to stay and remind you they're there.

You were still livid with the exhilaration of beating Vi. Reminiscing on the feeling you felt when that knife broke her skin. You could have killed her. You would have killed her. You remember that feeling of power wash over you. The power that sat in your hands in the form of a knife.

No.

You mustn't get caught up in the anger and power of it all. That's how things end badly.

You draw deep breaths, calming yourself down from the high of exultation. The feeling of your throat like sand paper distracting you from any bad and interdicted thoughts.

You eye the bruises along your neck, most of them darkening while others just forming from the most recent fight. You notice another new bruise forming on your upper arm. Another print from Kylo's large gloved hands.

It seems to be that whenever that man touches you he leaves a mark. You wonder what his thoughts were when he grabbed you. The way he looked at you when he held your arm. He was frightened, perplexed. But something else was present. Something almost like hunger.

That can't be right.

You wrapped your towel tighter around yourself. A warm drink and some laying down could do you some good.

You open the door of the bathroom, the cooler air from the bedroom nipping at your uncovered skin as you exit.

You run your hands through your hair, eyeing the clothes you set out at the end of your bed.

The air soon shifts around you. A presence intercepting your senses.

"Nice towel."

You jump at the sound of Kylo's voice. Immediately throwing your hands up to cover your body.

"What the fuck!!" You yell at him, holding the towel tight around yourself. "Get out!"

Kylo's large form sits in the single chair located in the corner of the room beside the window. Ignominy causes your cheeks to fluster. You feel so caught off guard.

His dark form fills the space in the corner. His body dressed in all black, his gloved hands resting atop his thigh. He tilts his head at you, his curls touching the brim of his collar.

You look at him wide eyed. "What the hell are you doing in here?!"

He purses his lips as if considering your question before standing from the chair, straightening out his textured tunic as he takes steps forward.

The coldness you felt before is soon turned hot with the flush of your skin. You take steps toward the end of the bed, eyeing the clothes laid out.

"Don't." He says. His voice stern as he knows your intention. You pull your hand away from reaching out to the clothes. Standing still in the spot, you try to cover as much of yourself with the towel as possible.