Chapter 4

Andy's pov

We stopped in front of her house. It was a town house that was more secluded than normal. It was on its own, a story I wanted to hear.

"So... why navy?" I asked her while touching the outside wall of her house.

She laughed as she unlocked the front door. She opened the door and turned back to face me.

"My favorite color!" She said smiling. She opened the door and I followed her in.

Her house was so warm feeling. It was very hippie like but not too much. It felt like home as soon as you walk in the door.

"Do you like it...?" She asked as she took off her coat.

"I love it! Very homey... oh man you have quite the collection!" I said, noticing all of her records. She had a whole wall full of them.

"Oh yeah! They are my pride and joy honestly. Working for all the big recording labels they tend to give them out a lot." She smiled.

I was looking at all of them but got distracted by the scratching on the window.

"Oh Andy, I have a dog and he's very kind and very loving... you aren't afraid of them are you?" She asked me. She had this look, a glimmer in her eye that just made me more drawn to her.

"Not afraid at all... what's his name?" I asked while slipping my shoes off like she did.

"Maverick...he's a cute lab and he's just a big old teddy bear!" She said as she walked over to the sliding glass door.

"Ready?" She asked me.

I looked at the smile on her face and it felt more like she was asking me if I was ready for this life. The life I saw in front of me.

The house, the dog, her.... All of it together seemed like a dream. Fast one... but one I didn't want to walk away from.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." I said smiling.

Her face beamed like a shooting star as she opened the door and Maverick came running out.

"Hi buddy!!!!" She said, among other cute names and things.

"Okay listen Mave, I a new friend over okay and you have to be a good boy!" She said to him. He woofed in agreement and zoomed over to me.

I knelt down in front of him and started to pet him.

"I'll leave you two to bond and I'll go change real quick okay?" She said while she was running up the stairs.

I looked at Maverick and he licked my cheek.

"I'm in trouble aren't I boy?" I said and scratched behind his ears.

I stood up and wandered around a little taking in all that I could.