Chapter 8

"Emily... baby?" I heard Andy's soft voice say.

I sat up and felt groggy, I must have fallen asleep during the movie.

"Did I fall asleep?" I asked as I stretched and then flopped back onto Andy.

He laughed and rubbed my back softly.

"You did... I should get going...?" He said as a question.

I don't think he wanted to go and honestly I didn't want him to go either.

I sat up and took his hand in mine, tracing the lines on his palms.

"I think you should stay..." I whispered. He moved his hand that I was tracing up and onto my cheek. Caressing it softly.

"For how long...?" Andy asked me. I don't think he meant tonight.

"A long long time." I said and kissed him softly.

The kiss felt like a million sparks flying everywhere. Somewhere, it started to get more heated.

Next thing I knew, I was laying down and he was on top of me, kissing me like there was no tomorrow.

Of course I didn't want it to end... but  Maverick of course needed to be in the middle.

Mave came up and rested his head on my shoulder and started to lick Andy's face.

Andy soon cracked and began laughing, resting his face in the crook of my neck.

"I've never tried to get it on with a girl and have her dog want some action too." Andy laughed.

That made me bust up laughing to the point my face got red. I mean, I've never gone that far with a boy ever.

"Mave is just protective I think." I said laughing.

And kept laying on me with his head there and my legs wrapped around him.

"Why though? I mean you must bring a lot of guys here. Wait wait not like that no you aren't like that I just mean that they must fall for you all the time because of how beautiful you are." Andy said a little frantic.

I laughed softly and started to play with his hair. It was soft and smelled oh so good.

"You'd be surprised Anny." I said softly.

That seemed to strike a curiosity in him. He looked up at me, with his head on my chest.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

He was touching on a subject that was a little hard for me to talk about.

Something important to note, I'm not a skinny girl. I'm more, fluffy. To put it in the funniest was I can. Short and stout like a teapot.

"Well... a lot of guys, ya know, they start this dare." I said.

Andy sat up, sat back down and then put a pillow in his lap.

"Something tells me that this is a vulnerable topic. You don't have to share if you don't want to." He said.

He was trying to make me feel comfortable and I knew that. So, I laid down and put my head in his lap.

He gently started to rub his hand on my hair; moving his thumb softly on my forehead.

"Well, it's no secret I'm... well I don't look like other girls." I started.

"That doesn't bother me at all. I think you are more beautiful than them because you're authentic. Not a Barbie..." Andy commented. I laughed a bit but started to pick at my fingers. Nervous habit.

"Other guys, they don't see it like that. They dare each other to take me out. To see if they can score you know? Who gets it with he fat girl?" I said.

"Are you serious?" Andy asked me. I could tell it wasn't sitting well with him.

"Yeah... after about, 5 times, you stop trying. They come to your house and you tell them that they can say they scored and what not." I stated.

"So they never even take you out? Just use you?" I could tell it was bothering him.

"Yeah... some even do that thing you know. Where you the girl you wanna see that's been talked up, doesn't look how you thought. Or she's heavier and you look her up and down and then focus on her eyes so you hope and pray you don't look at where she's biggest."

"That's disgusting. I can't believe they treat you like that." Andy said, running his hand in his hair.

"I know... which brings me to another question. Statement more like..." I said. Sitting up and facing him.

"Ask away Emily." He said.

"I don't think you were dared. But because you are just so handsome and so, desirable, I can't help but think maybe this was a dare. And if it was, you don't have to follow through with me. Because I think I really like you and I don't want to get attached and fall for you if it was a dare." I said softly.

He was quiet for a moment. Taking in what I said.

"May I, ask a question?" Andy said, his voice a million times softer.

"Of course." I said, shying away a little. I was bracing myself...

"Am I... the only one who walked through the door?" He asked.

"Are you saying this was a dare...?"

"No... this wasn't a dare."

"Then yes, you are the first one who has walked through the door."

Andy was quiet again. Looking around the room. He set his eye on the wall hanging coat bar.

"You keep an extra hook free?" He asked. I was confused on where he was going. Or if he was avoiding the question.

"I do. It sounds really spinster like, but I keep it for a guy. Ya know? If he's gonna stay I want him to have a hook and a space for his shoes." I said softly.

Andy got up, grabbing his coat off the armchair recliner and put it on the hook. Then, he took his shoes off and put them in the open space next to mine.

"Fits like a glove don't you think?" He said, turning to face me.

I felt tears sting my eyes. Almost to the point I couldn't talk.

"Mhm... like a glove." I said, my voice cracking.

Andy came back and held his hand out to me.

"It's late my love... let's go to bed." He said.

I grabbed his hand and immediately hugged him tightly. I felt a million different things in that hug... love, safety, protection, home...