Chapter 6

I watched as Andy flicked through all of the VHS tapes I have.

"Em you have like a hundred!!!" Andy exclaimed. I only laughed and kept mixing the dough.

"How are you feeling about a romantic movie?" Andy asked as he came in holding a tape.

It was of course, one of my favorite movies ever, "The Shop Around the Corner".

"You actually picked my favorite movie." I said laughing.

"Oh then it is a must watch for tonight!" Andy said as he set it on the counter.

I felt these little butterflies in my stomach. He was just so, warm. His personality, the way he talked, thought, looked... he was like a prince.

"Emily?" I heard him pull me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah Anny?" I asked as I looked at him. A grin spread across his face.

"I've forgotten now that I'm focused on Anny." He said. I immediately felt embarrassed.

"Oh my gosh I didn't know that I said that I'm so sorry Andy!!" I started apologizing. I felt so embarrassed that my cheeks started getting flushed.

"Woah hey, it's okay!! Come here," he said as he touched my shoulder to pull me in.

I let him pull me to him. He pulled me close and put his arm firmly around the small of my back and his hand in my hair.

"I think Anny is cute..." he whispered in my ear. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah?" Whispered and looked in those big brown eyes.

"Mhm... Emmy." He said smiling wide. I laughed softly.

"Get back at me?" I questioned happily.

"No... I've been trying to figure out what to call you." He said while tucking hair behind my ears.

"Emily is fine..." I said as I hooked my arm on his shoulder and put one hand on his chest.

Andy kept his arms and hands where they were. He didn't want to let go any time soon.

"I love you name. Did I tell you that?"
He said while starting to softly sway with me.

"No you didn't... but I love yours. And not the nickname..." I said while pressing my forehead to his.

"You mean Andrew?" He asked me. He was letting his guard down I could tell.

"Yes... I like it a lot." I said smiling.

"You like the name or... me a lot?" He questioned.

"You a lot..." I whispered.

There was a moment of silence when all we did was look at each other. We gazed into each other's eyes and just slowly sway to the beat of our hearts.

"Emily..."

"Andrew..."

"May I kiss you?"

"Andrew I, I don't really know how."

"To kiss?"

"Yes exactly... I've never been kissed."

"Close your eyes my love." He whispered.

I closed my eyes and felt him change his stance.

His hand grazed my cheek and his thumb gently rubbed over my eyebrow.

"That'll put me to sleep-" I giggled. I heard him giggle back and quietly "shhh" as he snaked his hand around me.

"Andy..." I whispered.

"Yes darling?" He whispered back. Our lips so close I felt as if my knees were weak.

"I think I'm falling in love with you." I whispered.

"I'm falling first..." he whispered and connected our lips.

It was a soft kiss but the power and passion in it was oh so tangible.

My hands found their way into his thick dirty blonde hair and his found their way into mine.

We pulled back absolutely out of breath and in a trance.

"That was..." I started, but was too speechless to finish.

"I never want to stop kissing you." Andy said.

Just then, Maverick rang the bell to go outside.

I laughed and rested my head on Andy's chest in defeat.

"You have GOT to be kidding me." I said laughing.

"I've got it... don't worry. Mave! Come on boy let's go outside!" Andy said as he took him outside.

I smiled to myself. I just had my first kiss... with a guy I'm crazy about.