Try

———————————
"Can't block. Can't forget. Can't have. Can't lose.
The story of one-sided love."
———————————

"Karma, you have the Hanahaki Disease," said Gakushu. "I know you do."

Karma's eyed widened slightly, almost unnoticeably, in surprise. But Gakushu saw. "I don't, why do you accuse me of such a thing!?"

"Cause it's true. Admit it," he demanded.

"And what? You'll spare me?" joked the redhead mockingly.

"Maybe."

Then Karma's expression turned into serious one. "Look, if you think this will work, it won't."

"It will. I will make things work."

"You can't and you won't. It's impossible ok? You're an idiot if you think you can do anything. Ok? And it's fine. Really. I couldn't care less."

"Don't say that! You don't know how much people love you!"

"Like who?"

"...Me."

Gakushu woke up covered in sweat. The dream had felt so real. So unbelievably real.

He was afraid of Karma finding out that he loved him. It was one of his worst fears because if Karma mocked him for it then he didn't think he'd be able to handle it. He didn't think he'd be strong enough to face the one person in the entire world that he loved making fun of him, mocking him. But worst of all, he feared that Karma would hate him. He couldn't stand to think that the redhead would. And he most definitely was not strong enough to survive that.

[•-•]
"Akabane!" It was Gakushu. Gakushu who Karma had been trying to avoid in fear of being confronted. "Akabane!" he called again, but with more force.

"What! Leave me alone, I'm trying to go back to my classroom."

"Why? So you won't be late?" said the strawberry blonde in an obviously sarcastic voice.

"No, I just want to have some peace like people like you won't understand," said Karma, walking faster.

Gakushu put a hand on the redhead's shoulder to stop him. And surprisingly he actually did. "I know you have the Hanahaki Disease," he started.

"I don't." Gakushu couldn't see Karma's face when he said that, as his back was turned to him, but he was sure something in his experience would betray his answer.

"Yes, you do. Just admit it already, will you? I know now so there's no point."

"I. Don't. Have. It," he hissed.

"I said stop it! Stop lying to me!" He turned Karma to look at him. "I know you're lying! I'm a hundred percent sure you are. So drop the act."

The redhead scowled and pushed Gakushu away. "Can you mind your own business for once? Or are you just desperate for something to use against me?"

The last part struck Gakushu like an insult. He thought he was going to make fun of him for it? He thought he was going to tell the whole school? Spread rumors? Of course he would. They were supposed to be rivals after all. "I'm not going to use something like that! Do you take me for some sick idiot? That wouldn't be right. I would never. You believe me, right?"