All in a Day's Care: Lost

"No-no!" Y/N yelled as they got locked in before reaching the main exit.

"Now my parents will never find me..." You sniffled.

"Why did I play hide and seek with my brother anyway?" Y/N was frustrated of themselves, you weren't necessarily competitive. But when it comes to sibling rivalry, it's the opposite.

"It's my fault in the end." You sighed.

"What should I do?" You panicked, searching around for something to get your mind off of the

You looked in your pocket, it was a pass randomly given to you by your parents whenever they went shopping in the Pizzaplex.

"Daycare pass, huh. Never actually went there, yet." You wondered, searching around for the Daycare Area.

"Not here."

"Not there, either..."

"C'mon it has to be here somewhere."

"Is that-it is!" Alas you found what you've been searching for.

The gate opened once the pass was identified and you marvelled at the golden statues that greeted you at your arrival.

"Two statues, two mascots?"

You looked over at the walls to see the two iterations and their names.

"Sundrop and Moondrop. First, time seeing these. Maybe, they're the new attraction from last week?"

You walked over to see an enormous play area.

"Woah." You were at awe, yes you might be alone. But, hey. Nobody's going to bother you like your brother does.

"Is this what freedom feels?" You almost shed a tear in pure happiness.

"Now, this is cool!" You squealed as you saw the entrance, it was a slide.

You immediately slid down the spiral slide, landing a few seconds after in a ball pit.

"Hehe, I'm in a river!" You giggled as you dived in and out of the pit.

You were about to reach a large pit until you heard the sound of a spotlight turning on above you.

"Hooo-hooo-hooo!" A familiar yellow fellow laughed in joy. He looked at you before diving in from the balcony.

"Uh-" You gulped.

"I thought I was alone." You whispered to yourself.

You slowly made your way further until you felt a pair of large hands grab you out. Making you face to face to the one and only, Sun.

"Hellooo! New friend! You're sure up la-" He happily greeted.

"AH-" You were cut off when he carried you out of the ball pit and into the playground.

"Hey! Th-There's nothing to be scared of-I-I promise!" He immediately plopped you on the ground and put his hands up to assure you.

"Ah. Um." You mumbled, looking away in shame of being caught for a moment.

It was silent for a few seconds until the animatronic broke the silence.

"So-so what brings you here this late at night?" Sun tilted his head in curiosity.

"W-well, I-played hide and seek with my brother and they couldn't find me-so I hid until the mall closed without realising how long it was-" You quickly explained before catching up your breath.

"Is-is that it? You got trapped here until your brother fetches you the next day?" He squatted down to your level.

"Y-yeah." You scratched the back of your head in embarrassment.

"Might as well have a slumber party together! Where-are all your friends?"

"I... don't have any. Besides, I think I'm the only kid who got stuck here."

"How silly of me to ask such a trivial query! Haha..." Sun trailed off once he realised his dumb question.

"I-It's alright! I've got y-you as my company now." Y/N eased up the robot to the point that he was all jumpy and golly again.

"Well-what should we do?"

"I don't know... maybe, give me some ideas?"

"OH-We can finger paint, tell stories-drink Fizzy Faz until our heads ex-PLODE! Aaand stay up all night! It is a slumber party after all! Hehe!" Sun chuckled as he skipped around you.

"Let's go and do all those then! I-If you don't mind at all-Sun." You sheepishly agreed.

He giggled before nodding his head vigorously.

"I don't mind at all! Just call me Sunny-or Sundrop, whichever you want to!"

"Okay." You gave a thumbs up.

"There is only one rule-keep the lights on. ON. On..." He murmured the word on and on as if he was lost in thought.

"Why is that?" You asked.

"Shhhh-it-it's be-because..."

"I-it's a DAY-care after-all! Silly!" He reasonably, reasoned.

"Oh. OHH, I get it!" You were dumbfounded.

"Now-now! Let's go and start finger painting-little..."

"Ah-um-"

"Forgive me, but I don't have data records installed in my circuits, yet. So, what was your name?" He eagerly awaited for your response.

"Y/N-My name is Y/N." You answered.

"Might be a little late, but nice to meet ya little Y/N!" Sun reached out one of his hands to you.

"Hehe-you're funny, I like ya! Great to see you too, Sunny!" You shook his hand as he giggled back.

"C'mon! Let's go to the art station! It's just right over-there!" He pointed at the area with tables and art materials.

You both went over to see the state it was in.

"Sunny-"

"No-no-no-NO! What a mess! I-My apologies-I'll have to clean up. Clean up!" He interrupted and immediately went over to fix the mess by himself.

You pitied him, he must've dealt with this ever since he was released for the other kids. Taking in consideredation on having to supervise them for a whole day! Boy, it must be painful.

"I can help, no need to fix other kids' messes alone." You chimed in, collecting the crayons and a paintbrush that he was about to gather.

"Y-you. I..." He stuttered, finding words to say.

"I have to clean up after my brother's things anyways. Nothing too hard to do, so don't worry." You warmly smiled to him.

You saw his hands twitch at the corners of your eyes, but you continued helping him nonetheless.

"T-Thank you-very-VERY much, Y/N!" He praised you.

"You're welcome! Now let's get this finished and get started!" You giggled.

"R-Righto!"