Prologue

A/N: 

I had debated heavily on doing this type of thing after reading so many good (and bad) stories of a similar subject. As far as the forced god of destruction stuff, I always felt sad about how Error's entire story was. So, of course, I made my own because I like things to be happy. All of these things are just for fun, so any story or cannon behind any certain AU or character will be adjusted or ignored. Anyhow, have fun.

When the multiverse breathed its first sign of life, the vastness of it seemed to be endless. Within the blank space that spread through the area, there was nothing. Between that universe, and perhaps between that of time as well, ruled a council. These higher beings gave way to the multiverse, caringly weaving it together in collaboration with one another.

Time: laying the base of the foundation to bring the universe from a standstill. Fate: spun tightly to hold together the inevitable as the universe matures. Destiny: stitching together with Fate to balance what will, what must, what can, and what cannot. Faith: lovingly stenciled upon the world to motivate and inspire all who may inhabit it one day. Hope: strengthening the fabric of the universe to withstand even the harshest of conditions. Karma: a loose thread, where a single pull to test its integrity may lead to consequences and reactions to all who try. And, of course, Magic: imbibing the material together and giving way to incredible phenomena that gave the multiverse properties and possibilities beyond that of comprehension.

Together, each wove and stitched until the multiverse was perfect. Perfectly balanced and... empty. This did not last, however. From the emptiness, these higher beings encouraged the formation of first life; the first, and only, universe shaped by each of their hands. This universe, the original creation, was simply known as Undertale. The tale of the monsters and humans living together in peace was a beautiful story, but it was merely the prelude to the story.

It was the Destiny of the monsters to be sealed away under the mountain, Mt. Ebott, after a brutal war. Though refugees of war, through their will and with the help of Magic from the monsters, they were able to establish a home. Though crowded and hidden away from the Sun, monsters held tight to their Faith that they would be free. That their angel that had seen the surface would come and free them all. The king and queen took in a fallen human child their son had found and called them their own. The royal family brought Hope to all monsters and humans. The pressure soon bared down upon the two royal children; constantly being told and reminded that they were the future of monsters and humans. The two children perished after taking this responsibility too far; a faulty plan to go above ground to collect human souls. That, of course, was only the surface of the story. The fallen human wished to destroy their village, to deliver Karma to those they had known. Their sibling, who had absorbed their soul, had resisted, and returned back underground, where they dusted soon after. As Time passed, more and more humans fell until six souls rested in wait to be used to break the barrier.

The final human child to fall below marked the maturity of the universe, established stability after flourishing for many years. It came with a few hiccups as well, minus perhaps those that had gotten too curious for their own good. The Void was formed soon after, engulfing those who had fallen between time and space. There only appeared to be one resident, for now. Other than a few minor bumps, it was perfect. Until the deities began to interfere with their multiverse.

The first to do so was Fate, who grew discontent with the way the universe unfolded before them.

As the final human fell, they navigated through the Ruins and killed monsters as they encountered them. They appeared confused and afraid as they encountered them, which slowly eased as they continued their journey. Most monsters were spared after leaving the ruins, but the outcome of the story was unfulfilling. The human left the Underground after killing the king, their subsequent struggle with Flowey causing the remaining souls to vanish. The monsters were left hopeless with no souls, lost family members, and no way out.