Chapter 21: Revelations

A/N: Hello once again. I notice everyone is 100% ready for war and I'm down for that. Seriously, reading everyone's comments and answering messages is my absolute favourite thing to do. I get so excited when I see a new comment I can respond to.

Anyhow! I'm gonna touch on some interesting things here, plot things, creator things. Let's see your thoughts on Ink at the end.

Enjoy

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Blue hushed Dream as he hovered over Erratum to check their status. They were still motionless and they were all growing a little worried at this point. "Dream, let's not pretend this wasn't going to happen in the end." Blue sighed as he looked at him with weary eyes. "It's been building and building for a long time. Erratum was giving him all the patience and time in the world, but I'm not going to do the same thing. Erratum has all of us now and if we don't intervene, this," He gestured to Erratum's unconscious form. "Is going to keep happening until it kills them."

Dream frowned as he looked to Cross, who only nodded in agreement. "Like it or not, Hopes and Dreams and wishful waiting aren't gonna make the multiverse stable. We all here have a job to do, whether through being another's champion or being a protector." He reminded the other who simply sighed in response. "I know but... we're already dealing with Nightmare and his group. All this conflict is going to increase negativity so much. I can only imagine he's going to get stronger and harder to manage." Dream glanced back at Blue with worried eyes. "And if more of those... horrible merged worlds appear... stars, he'll have a field day. Imagine the power he could draw if he got in there." The group shuddered a moment at the mere thought.

"Chill my dude," Fresh spoke from where he was settled. Most of them were surprised that Fresh had been literal when he said he would stay with Erratum the entire time. So far, no one had seen him move from that spot. "We got mad wicked people on our side," They all noted silently the use of 'our' in this statement. "And I'm sure we can find more people too." He assured with a thumbs up. "I don't know if there are any other Sanses I feel comfortable dragging into this." Dream admitted as he wrung his hands together.

"Why does it have to be Sanses?" Dream looked to Blue as he said this with curiosity. "Erratum was the first to teach me that there were universes out there that had judges that weren't Sanses. I think this is a perfect time to start bringing them into the picture." When the council was formed, it had been a silent agreement to bring in only Sans judges, as they only felt comfortable leaving the multiverse in each other's hands. It was a common trait that a lot of them shared; the belief that everything fell on their shoulders. Perhaps they were gluttons for punishment? Blue didn't know. "I know Storyswap Chara would have been a great person in the council, but no one wanted a Frisk or Chara there due to, well, you know." He shrugged a bit.

"I don't think that's a bad call." Cross chimed in with a nod. "I say we take all the advantages we can here. On the field of war, there is no fair fighting and when the stakes are this high, I'm willing to work with even my worst enemy. What's that saying? My enemy's enemy is my friend." Dream gave a small laugh at this. "I guess so..." He sighed as he moved to place a hand on Erratum's forehead and closed his eyes. After a few moments of silence, he opened his eyes again with a sigh. "Still not getting anything... guess they're still not in their body."

"They'll be back, they always come back," Blue assured as he patted him on the shoulder. "For now, um... we should prepare how we're going to tell them about all this." He spoke with a nervous laugh. "Ohhh no," Dream spoke as he pulled away a moment and crossed his arms. "You are going to prepare how to tell them about all this. I had zero input on this decision and as a champion, you're gonna look your god in the eye and tell them what you did."