Chapter 9: Group therapy and rising tensions

A/N: Once again, super early chapter. I wanted to get something out there since nursing school started back up today and it's going to be a MESS since it's my last semester. I'm talkin' 132 hours of practicums at a hospital, overnight shifts, on a cardiac unit. It's gonna suck :D

Anyhow! I had meant for this to be straight tension and solely moving things forward, but the first half turned into... well, cute stuff? I think it's cute, at least one scene. Erratum expositions the hell out of his subjects once more.

Enjoy.

"Would it kill you to give a heads up whenever you're gonna disappear for a while?" Erratum had just been returning from Horrortale when Geno confronted them with his arms crossed. The god had to admit that they did have a bad habit of disappearing within a moment's notice. They forgot that with two others living in their world, it was probably polite to let them know when they'd be gone for a bit.

"I didn't mean to worry you. I had an appointment in Horrortale."

"I wasn't worried about you!" Geno quickly defended with a scowl. "Would just be nice to know, okay?" He frowned after a moment before uncrossing his arms. "Wait, Horrortale? What in the world could you have to do in there??" He certainly seemed worried, which amused the god greatly, though they didn't openly show it.

"I visit a friend there every so often, bring food. You understand how that world is." Erratum explained while Geno relented a bit at this. "Horror is a little boisterous for sure, but he is a gentle soul no less. Circumstances have made him this way."

"Horror?!"

Geno was staring at the god as though they had completely lost their mind. "That's what you consider a friend?? He's one of Nightmare's, ya know?" He reminded them as his hands moved around as he spoke. "Last I remember you telling me, you and he aren't on the best terms. What makes you think Horror won't set up an ambush on you one day?" Geno grunted as Erratum rested their hand on top of his head.

"You are worried." Erratum remarked with audible amusement now, unable to help themselves. Geno batted their hand away with a frustrated sound, turning his head back as Cross approached.

"There you guys are. Reaper's dropped by so I figured you'd want to know." Cross informed, to which Erratum nodded and Geno jolted noticeably.

"He's here?!" Geno sputtered with anxiety, yanking the bottom of his hoodie and sweating.

"Better get going if you want to get yourself mentally prepared." Cross snickered as Geno rushed off where the other had come from. Erratum moved to do the same, only to be stopped as Cross held his arm out.

"He's not really here, just figured you needed a break." Cross shrugged before laughing a bit. "For someone who claims he can't stand the guy, he sure has an interesting reaction to him." He commented with a knowing smirk. "Methinks he protest too much."

"Don't go telling him that or you'll become a pincushion full of bones." Erratum advised with a slight smile.

"So... Horrortale." Cross prompted with curiosity. Erratum understood his curiosities; he hadn't had any contact with other realities before Erratum came around.

"Let me see if I can make this a little simpler." Erratum pulled up their task menu and scrolled through it a moment. "Ah... here we are." They slid the screen over to Cross so he could read it himself. The guard seemed startled by this, gently running a hand over the screen with interest. It didn't appear to react to his touch like it did Erratum, but he wasn't a god after all.