Chapter 29: That was you

A/N: Oh hello again! I am pleased that everyone was so on board with Nightmare and everything that went down. I love experimenting with Nightmare's character (one look at Core the Apple confirms this) and this is supposed to be a fix-it type thing anyway. So, we have mercy here. Only here.

Enjoy

Erratum sighed as they made notes in Verse while their allies gave them updates on their situations. There wasn't a lot the group had to say to them that made them very hopeful for the coming future. Since the entire 'war' propaganda began, the god had been forced to begin actual meetings with those on their side. Their 'meeting room' was more of a glorified gazebo with a round table for them to gather around. They had quickly explained what was really going on and their ultimate goals to each member that joined, which was usually met with some resistance. They always took time to straighten the facts and show them the receipts and, one by one, they all fell in line.

"Can't be helped," Outer spoke as he shrugged a bit. "Sci closed off his world and any sort of help to anyone strictly aligned with Errata. Any casual passing through Outertale, for leisure or business, has been restricted in retaliation. There have already been a few scuffles regarding Ink and a few of his known followers." He reported to them, much to Erratum's continuing displeasure.

"Keep calling me when it happens, I always love breaking a few bones." Storyshift Chara smirked from where they leaned back in their chair. They had been quite resistant to joining the entire cause, even after their encounter with Cross. Erratum had shown up to explain at their request, and Chara had turned them away once more. Before the god could leave, however, Chara's brother had come wailing to them. They had apparently sustained a tear to their rainbow handkerchief and were completely inconsolable over the fact. Erratum had patiently settled on the front step of the two's home, stitching the tear and returning the article to Asriel once they had finished. Chara had spontaneously changed their mind within the thirty minutes the god had taken to repair it.

"No killing anyone outside their worlds," Geno spoke up, giving Chara a suspicious glare as he did so. He did his best to be amicable with most of the members, but he had a hard time getting past Chara's disposition. Reaper was hovering nearby, not involved with the multiverse dispute but being actively supportive of his partner. "We still don't comprehend what would happen and, frankly, I don't wanna find out." He watched as the human rolled their eyes in response to his worries.

"Regardless," Erratum spoke up, capturing everyone's attention once more. "If things escalate, especially with Ink directly, please reach out to me. I want there to be as little fighting as possible between universes. This is strictly a dispute between myself and the creator." They reminded all of them with a serious expression on their face. "At any rate, that isn't what this meeting is about." This seemed to spark curiosity in the majority of them. "There has been a change in alliances that you all must be made aware of. I'm overjoyed to report that the balance between negativity and positivity is officially out of my hands."

"Wait," Red spoke as he tried to comprehend this. "The hell you mean? The people who are supposed to be in charge of all that are Dream and Nightmare. Dream's sided with Ink on this matter and Nightmare's... Nightmare." He scowled a bit as he said this. Erratum smiled, however, with a pleased gleam in their eyes. "What did you do." It was a statement rather than a question from the Fell monster.

Erratum said nothing as they opened a golden rift beside themselves, allowing two new figures to step through. Dream gave them all a sheepish grin while Nightmare kept his gaze firmly away from all of them. The reaction was instantaneous, as the group began giving confused or outraged questions.