Chapter 8: Round Two

A/N: Hello again, yes this is being posted earlier than normal. I'm extremely sick and on my week break before beginning my last stretch of nursing school. I write to cope anymore.

Anyhow! This chapter is nothing at all like what I had planned it to be but we're just gonna go with it. Erratum decided they needed to do a lot of talking and exposition the crap out of innocent monsters.

Enjoy.

"He better have been tellin' the truth. I feel so stupid doing this but dammit, I got nobody else to call."

The ground rumbled with the impact of magic that shook snow loose from trees. Red cringed as he stayed crouched over their wounded brother. The attack happened so suddenly he was caught off guard being "escorted" to his guard post. His phone had been crushed in the scuffle and he had no way of contacting anyone else for assistance with these assailants.

"What's it again... Errata, yeah that's it. Look we're gonna die out here, it ain't lookin' good. I can't take them both down and keep my bro safe at the same time. Dammit, please I'm beggin' ya, and I don't beg for nothing!" Red swore as he watched the remaining dog guards poof into dust with just a few vicious slices. "Shit-!" Red felt panic choking him as empty sockets leaking black tar locked onto him.

"Listen to you, it's hilarious. Crying and begging for someone to come and help you. And here I thought the Fell universes were supposed to be tough and ruthless." Killer cackled as he mocked and intimidated the wounded skeleton. "Well, tell me then," He grinned as a flurry of knives circled his hand a moment before launching forward. "Where's your god now?!" Red could only watch as his fight or flight skills decided to lock firmly into a standstill in between. The blades suddenly slammed into a transparent wall of static and binary numbers. The shockwave of the impact knocked Red back on top of his brother, but he remained unharmed from the attack.

"They're right here."

Red whipped his head to the side at the ethereal voice above him. "I'll be damned..." He breathed as the darker god stared down at him a moment, most likely to view the damage done.

"I would have been here sooner, but I was attempting to keep my..." Erratum trailed their eyes over to Cross, standing posed beside them with their glowing blade wielded in their hands. "...guard, from following. I was not successful."

"You're not going into any battle without me." Cross stated matter-of-factly without taking his eyes off the enemies. Killer sneered at the two of them but was unable to get a word out as Dust shoved him to the side with a fierce snarl.

"Oh, I was hoping to see your face again. We've got some unfinished business." Dust growled as Erratum kept their eyes firmly trained on Dust now. They knew they had to watch his every move to keep themselves safe, but they also needed to address the two native brothers as well.

"I can open a doorway to my world for the two of you. It will keep you safe until-"

"To hell with that!" Erratum frowned as Red cut them off immediately. They had hoped with their injuries they would retreat without hesitation, but it was clear that wasn't going to happen. "We got the numbers now, ain't no way we're ducking out." He declared as their taller brother recovered to his feet. "We'll show 'em how Fell monsters fight!"

"This is all very cute and touching, but less chatter, more splatter!" Killer cut in with another series of magical knives flinging through the air. Cross reacted instantaneously by positioning himself closer to Erratum and deflecting the blades with his much larger one. "I don't mean to question your judgment, but at this rate, it's not going to be helpful to argue with them," Cross informed them with a flourish of their blade.