Chapter 14: Fragments

A/N: Hello once more, it is I, the emotionally exhausted author. I had a few people interested in the events that transpired in the few days Erratum went sad solemn mode. So, I've decided to add some little sections here to address some plot-type things while being able to go back into those scenes.

Enjoy

"There better be a good reason fer this shit." Red snarled as he slumped in his seat and crossed his arms. He cast his sour gaze out among the gathered group, seeing them all equally as uninformed as himself. "Does anyone even know why we had to have some emergent meeting? I figured if it were so important he'd already be here."

"Relax, that's them now," Outer spoke as the gold light of Dream's portal lit up the front of the room. He quickly got to his feet, however, as the positive spirit helped Ink stumble and limp into the room. Blue followed behind them quietly, keeping his eyes from meeting anyone else's.

"Stars, what happened to you?!" Sci gasped as the rest of the council broke out into frantic chatter.

"That glitchy little asshole happened to me." Ink sneered as he leaned against the table to prop himself up. Blue frowned sharply as he slammed his hands on the table beside him.

"Do not talk about Errata that way!" Blue snapped at him despite the glare it earned. "Don't give me that look, you know exactly why this happened!"

"Shit, Errata did that to you? Man, what'd you do to piss them off?" Red snickered as he observed the tense atmosphere between all three of the Stars. Dream might not be saying anything, but the discomfort in his posture spoke louder volumes.

"Me?!" Ink protested as he glared Red down. "You're just going to assume I provoked this kind of assault?"

"Yeah," Reaper spoke from his secluded little corner of the room. He didn't normally say much, but seeing Ink so beaten up from Erratum of all people amused him to no end. "We are. Errata is a really peaceful and chill god, Ink. If they felt the need to rough you up, there had to be a good reason behind it." He glanced around as he saw several other monsters nodding or whispering soft agreements.

Ink glared as he listened to the murmurs of doubt coming from the others. "Well, they certainly didn't have any 'chill' when they met me!" He growled as the noise died down. "What's worse, they were able to just break into the Doodleverse. No one should be able to get in there except me and anyone I bring!"

"To be fair,"

Ink glared at Dream as he spoke up, but the spirit wasn't looking at him still. "Errata quite literally has the multiverse at their fingertips. At any moment they can access, well, anything that the multiverse can offer them. It's not surprising that they can just ignore the normal limitations of reality." He offered.

"Even so, they told me they had the power to consume entire worlds. They could destroy any of your worlds without so much as breaking a sweat. Do we really want someone with that kind of ability in a place where all of your worlds are just hanging out??" Ink attempted to redirect. A few monsters look back and forth at each other at this proposal until Outer gave a scoff of disapproval.

"I get what you're trying to say, but Errata isn't like that." Outer frowned as he glanced at Blue, who looked positively irate with the direction of this meeting. "They spend their time running themselves ragged answering prayers and pleas for help from all the universes. They're not gonna do anything to them. Hell, they've pushed back Nightmare's group every time they pop up anymore. You're worrying over nothing."