Chapter 25: Misunderstood

A/N: I'M SORRY. PLEASE PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SPARE THE AUTHOR. EVERYONE WAS AFTER MY BLOOD.

Listen, would it really be Error if their eyes worked perfectly? I'm JUST saying! Speaking of which...

https://www.deviantart.com/vcl2006/art/Void-of-Emotion-919318659

You know em, you love em, Mx VCL drawing the incredible scene before the infamous blinding. It's... the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Be sure to check their other works too, btw's! They're all magnificent and I'm a huge fan. You should definitely follow them and like everything they have. Author Dev has proclaimed it.

Enjoy

"Maybe I can help!"

T.K sat up on his knees in front of Erratum, a look of determination in his eyes that the god couldn't see. Blue had wrapped several bandages around their skull to keep their eyes protected while they healed what they could. The god had been more subdued and quiet over the days, as though the loss of sight threw them into a more vulnerable demeanor. Erratum turned their head in the direction of the child's voice, their smile gentle and sad.

"My little Stopwatch," Errata sighed, reaching their hand out until T.K scooted closer and pressed his head up against the outstretched hand. "You're sweet, but you have a lot more training to do before you can reverse Time that significantly." They could tell the other was pouting without even seeing them. "But! I can cause a seed to sprout into a full flower and revert it back to a seed instantly! I can totally reverse Time on your eyes to reverse the damage! I'm getting really good at controlling it!" T.K protested insistently at their statement. "And you're doing wonderfully. You've come to use your magic much quicker than I did when I was first starting out, but that is the fact of the matter; you are just starting. Your heart is larger than your magical reserves." Erratum pet along his skull as they felt him slump in defeat. "What's the point in being a champion if I can't do anything? I'm just a dumb kid in over their head." T.K mumbled, clearly disheartened.

"Hey now," Errata sat up a bit straighter in response, a frown firm on their face. "I won't hear such words, you understand? It is frustrating to have such unfathomable power with no skill to wield it, I understand that well, but that does not mean you are dumb. As for being a child, there is nothing wrong with that either. You have a lot of responsibility on you at such a young age, but don't let your size determine your worth." They instructed him firmly. T.K gave a small snicker as he listened to the other rant. "We should put you in a box and have people pay gold through a coin slot for your wisdom like those old fortune teller machines." He quipped, earning a soft laugh from Erratum.

T.K perked up at the sound of a new portal opening into the world, standing up immediately and aiming their slingshot at the positive spirit that appeared. Dream blinked at the hostile posture, glancing around to make sure the other was truly threatening him.

"What do you want, traitor?" T.K demanded of the confused spirit. Errata placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking their head a bit. "Stand down, little soldier, we've been over this." Errata lightly chastised, earning a soft "Hmph!" from the small champion, who elected to stomp their way past the positive spirit. Dream blinked as he stared at Erratum, quickly rushing to the other to get a closer look. He gasped as he took in their weary posture and bandages, placing a hand over his mouth.

"Errata! What happened??" Dream frantically questioned, dropping to his knees in front of them and moving his hands to the bandages. "Well..." The god trailed off, making Dream frown and turn his head away. "Ink... right." He muttered softly, feeling conflicted by this information. "It was my fault, really. I pushed him too hard for our first 'negotiation' meeting. He downed his white vial and, well, the rest kind of followed suit." The god explained, causing Dream to look back to the god quickly. "He took his white paint?! No wonder you're in bad shape... what did he do?" Dream questioned as he removed the bandages. Errata gave a hard blink, seeing the golden outline of the spirit in front of them. "I took a direct hit from his red paint and it blinded me."