-3-

"It was real, I swear it!" Tommy insisted, bouncing his legs under the table.

Techno rubbed his eyes and sipped at his coffee.

Wilbur groaned.

"Thats impossible Soph." Phil said, giving him a bowl full of cereal.

"But it was so real! And better! All of you had buttons on your eyes and mom wasn't dead."

The whole table seemed to go silent. Not even a breath could be heard.

Phil put his hand over his face and pushed his chair away from his table, making the sliverware clink together, and walked away swiftly.

"You never know when to stop, do you Sophia?" Wilbur muttered. He too stood up and walked away.

Techno just shook his head and left the table too.

Tommy sat in his chair, alone at the table. Wilbur was right. He didn't know when to quit.

(Time Skip)

"Hey...I'm sorry about this morning." Tommy muttered to Phil.

"Its fine." Phil sounded as if he had been crying.

Tommy could tell it wasn't fine.

"Well...I'm going to go meet the neighbors downstairs...If thats okay."

"Just go."

His stomach churned with guilt as he walked away.

He exited the house and walked down the stairs to his neighbors apartment.

The doormat said "Come back with a warrant"

Even in his bad mood, it made Tommy giggle.

He knocked on the door, and a few seconds later he was greeted by a man who looked to be in his mid twenties. He had black hair and warm brown eyes.

"Hello. Are you the new neighbor?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am." He said, grinning weakly.

"Well come on in, we'll get you some tea."

He entered the house and was immediately greeted by a cat rubbing against his leg. It was black and grey with green eyes.

"Oh, your not allergic to cats, right?" He asked.

"I'm not." Tommy said, bending down to pet the cat. "What's his name?"

"Inkcap." He said.

"Sapnap love, who are you talking to?" Yelled a voice from the other room.

"It's the neighbor boy, Karl."

Gender euphoria shot through Tommy.

"What's his name." the voice asked.

"Tommy." Tommy responded gleefully.

Another man that looked to be a similar age as the other man came  into the room. He had light brown hair, and eyes that looked golden. From the previous conversation, it seemed his name was Karl.

"Nice to meet ya Tommy. Want some tea?" Karl said, putting his hand on the other man's shoulder, Tommy assumed his name was Sapnap.

"I'd love some." Tommy said as he stood up. They walked into the other room, Inkcap swiftly following after them.

"What's your favorite kind?" Karl asked, walking toward the kitchen.

"Just black tea will do thanks." Tommy responded, taking in the room. "2 sugars if you could"

"Sure thing."

The room was very cozy with a slanted celing and bookshelves covering most walls.

On the slanted celing, hung 2 flag. One was a bisexual flag, and the other was a pansexual flag.

Most walls that didn't have bookshelves on them were covered in art and pictures.

On one wall there was a couch, on which there were 2 more cats taking a nap.

"Thier names are Toadstool and Portabelo." Sapnap said, adressing the cats.

"They're so cute" Tommy's said.

His eyes focused on the pride flags on the celing. He soon came to the concluson that these two must be married. Cute.

"Here you go kid." Karl said handing him a cup of tea.

"Thank you mate." He said, accepting it and taking a long sip.

Karl looked into his eyes deeply, as if he was staring deeply into the boy's soul.

Sapnap could sense this and looked nervous.

"What are you thinking about Karl?" He asked, putting his arm around Karl's shoulder.

"I...I would be careful kid." Karl said, not a twinge of playfulness in his voice.

Tommy gave him an astray look, asking a question with his eyes.

"Just...be wary." Karl said

Tommy finished his tea and gave him back the cup.

"Thank you for the tea...But I must be going now."

"I'm sorry if I scared you." Karl apologized.

"No, no, your fine...I just have some chores to do." He lied.

"Alright...come back any time." Sapnap said.

Tommy pet Inkcap for the last time and opened the door, exiting the house. The ground was now covered in a thin layer of mist, and there was a figure standing in the foreground.

Oh great. Tubbo.

"Hi Tommy!" He yelled, waving his hand like a crazy person.

In no time whatsoever, they were sitting on Tommy's porch, drinking Dr. Pepper from a shared can. Shroud was sitting on Tommys thigh, Tommy petting him absentmindedly.

"The craziest thing happened to me yesterday." Tommy said, accepting the can from Tubbo and taking a big drink.

"What was it?" Tubbo asked, taking back the can.

"I found a door in the wall that only opens at night."

Tubbo choked on the Dr. Pepper.

"What?" He asked coughing slightly.

"Yeah, it was pretty crazy."

"Did you go in?" He asked.

"...Yeah. It was wack in there. All of my family had button on their eyes."

"Dude, I wouldn't go back in there." Tubbo said, handing him back the can.

"Why not?" Tommy took the can again.

"Button's for eyes? And you still don't think that's a bit of a red flag?" Tubbo exclaimed.

"Well...thats true." Tommy said.

"If you know whats good for you, you won't go back in that door." Tubbo said, getting up and stretching.

"Wait, your spider." Tommy said.

"He seems to like you. You can keep him for awhile if you want. Take care of him." Tubbo hopped on his bike and peddled away.

-982 words-

A/N I've been writing some oneshots for my other book alongside this one, so watch out for those.